Business & Finance
Citizenship and Marriage

How can you get a Canadian student visa?

User Avatar
Wiki User
May 07, 2014 5:18PM

You have to submit the following items:

- Application for Study Permit made Outside of Canada

(IMM 1294), duly completed.

Note: If this application form is completed on a computer and printed, place the barcode page (page 5 of 5) on the top of each individual application package.

- Completed Family Information (IMM 5645), if applicable.

- Schedule 1 - Application for Temporary Resident Visa (IMM 5257 - Schedule 1), if applicable.

- Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union (IMM 5409), if applicable.

- Use of a Representative (IMM 5476), if applicable.

- Custodianship Declaration - Custodian for Minors Studying in Canada

(IMM 5646), if applicable.

- Letter of acceptance from the educational institution where you intend to study.

- Proof of financial support for the duration of your studies in Canada.

Application processing fee payment of $150 per person and, if applicable, biometric processing fee of $85 per person. Verify acceptable methods of payment with the Visa office or Visa Application Center (VAC) responsible for your area.

Note: Visa offices do not accept payments receipts from Canadian banks.

Passport: original valid passport only if you require a temporary resident visa (TRV). Your passport must include a blank page other than the last page


photocopy of the information page of your passport if you do not require a TRV which includes:

- the passport number,

- the issuance and expiry dates,

- your photo, name, date and place of birth.

Any additional documents required by the responsible visa office.

Optional: proof of completion of the upfront medical examination from the Panel Physician

Two photos meeting the requirements of the Visa application photograph specifications. On the back of two photos, write your name and date of birth.

Note: If you are required to provide biometric fingerprints and photo, you are

not required to include paper photos with your application.