Best Answer

A lender will not let one person just "drop off" a loan. They like the fact that they have 2 people who are equally responsible for paying, in case something goes wrong.

Usually the only way to do this is to refinance the vehicle. This can be done either with the same lender or another lender.

Find out what car dealers don't want you to know at

User Avatar

Wiki User

โˆ™ 2015-07-15 18:30:01
This answer is:
User Avatar
Study guides


25 cards

What is forfeiture

Which of these is the best description of delinquency

Which term is defined as property that is pledged as security on a loan

This is Paula's monthly budget What percent of her expenses is spent on insurance

See all cards
4 Reviews

Add your answer:

Earn +20 pts
Q: How can you have someone removed from a car loan?
Write your answer...
Still have questions?
magnify glass
Related questions

How do you get out of a used car loan?

To get out of a used car loan, pay off the loan or find someone else who will do that.

How do you put your car loan in someone else's name?

You just can't place your loan in someone else's name. That other person has to get his/her own loan for the car and pay off your loan.

Can someone remove themselves from a car loan if you signed with another person as the car is being financed?

If they both signed the contract and were legally able to enter into a loan contract no names will be removed. All signers remain equally responsible for the loan until it is paid off.

Can someone with a credit score of 512 get a car loan?


Where can someone get a car loan guaranteed?

One can't get a car loan guaranteed. Nothing in life is guaranteed. There are many factors that come into play when asking for a car loan such as credit score and age.

Can you register your car in someone elses name if its under a loan?


Can you sue someone who signed a car loan for you and then took the car after it was paid for for 2 years?


Which of these allows someone to buy a car that costs more than he or she can afford?

CAR Loan

How can someone be released from cosigning a mortgage loan without ruining their credit?

The only way to be removed from the obligation of cosigner is for the loan to be refinanced.

If you moved to another country but still have a car loan can you refinance that loan in someone else's name?

The "someone else" needs to apply for a loan to pay off your car loan. With your loan paid off, you can sign the title over showing it free & clear. Don't sign off on the title until you know the loan is paid--or you could find that you no longer own the car but still have a loan to pay.

Can you sell a car that has a loan attached?

Yes, you can sell a car with a loan attached. You must pay off the loan with the money you receive in order to have a clear title or you must get someone to take over your loan.

Can you Lease a car from someone with a loan on the car?

No. In my experience and from what I've read, it is not wise to lease a car from someone with a loan. They can still be held responsible for the car if anything happens to it. If you cannot afford to make the payments and the bank comes to collect the car, and the owner does not have it, they can be arrested.

People also asked