On the RH 1998 Grand Marquis Door, 5 screws exist that require removal
1) Pop the door handle screw covers. Remove both screws...on the right is a hook be careful removing the door handle
2) Below the door handle is another screw around them middle of the door. Remove this one.
3) On the right side of the door panel is a screw on the side. Remove this screw
4) At the bottom middle, remove the screw.
5) Unsnap the switch panel for the lock unlock/window rolldown switches. Flip this over. Remove both screws and unhook the wire interface.
6) At this point from the bottom, gently and slowly pull the door panel up about 1/2 inch to 1 inch. Then, pull the panel away from the door.
7) The door panel will still have the wires for the window motor hooked up. Unplug this interface.
8) Now the door panel can be removed and set aside...keep those loose screws handy...place them in a bowl or container...remember which screw matches which hole ...at least two different sizes...long and medium.
9) Remove the three outer speaker bolts...you can leave the speaker cover on. Set the bolts aside.
10 ) reach behind the left part of the speaker frame. This wire should tie into the mirror. You may want to unplug this from the door frame. Once you do, unplug the mirror interaface.
11) At the top left, pull out the plastic plug covering the mirror area. Then take off the plastic part...be careful.
12) Three nuts secure the mirror. Unfasten them..think you need a 7/16 or 9/16 ratchet. Left to loosen.
13) Remove the old mirror.
14) Install the new mirror...and tighten those three nuts to the right.
15) Plug the wiring back in and test the mirror.
16) Continue by reversing the process from step 10 to step 8
17) Step 6 ...achor off of the door lock/unlock stick. Be Gentle...and repeat the step 5-1 in reverse order. Enjoy!
How do you replace the timing chain on a 1994 mercury grand marquis
how to replace starter on 2000 mercury grand marquis
how do you get to and replace the wiper moter on a 97 marquis
how do you replace the front sway bar likn in a 1999 Grand Marquis?
Mercury Grand Marquis was created in 1983.
take it to the dealer
change wiper motor grand marques
You have to replace a whole thing, not only a cable
Take it to Best Buy
Why ? Just replace it.
what is a fire order for 1998 mercury grand marquis
.054 is the gap for the Mercury Grand Marquis.
No , the last model year for the Mercury Grand Marquis was the 2011 model
You take it to autozone and they will show you
Take it to a repair shop.
Remove the transmission and take it off.
look behind the door panel ther should be 3 nuts or more unscrew thoes if its power mirror the harnest is behind the door panel anyways
The first generation of Mercury Grand Marquis cars has been in production since 1975. The last Mercury Grand Marquis was manufactured in January 2011.
2004 mercury grand marquis fan stop working
How do you turn on dash lights 1993 mercury grand marquis
headlight relay location on a 2004 mercury grand marquis
where is the fuse for tail lights in 1988 mercury grand marquis
where dose daytime running lamp module go on92 mercury grand marquis need to replace one
check the bottom of the steering column