How do the Big Five Personality traits predict work behavior?
- Research has shown this to be a better framework.
- Certain traits have been shown to strongly relate to higher job performance:
- Highly conscientious people develop more job knowledge, exert greater effort, and have better performance.
- Other Big Five Traits also have implications for work.
- Emotional stability is related to job satisfaction.
- Extroverts tend to be happier in their jobs and have good social skills.
- Open people are more creative and can be good leaders.
- Agreeable people are good in social settings.