Child Support

How do you adopt a baby when a mother wants to give up all rights to you?


User Avatar
Wiki User

We are in the same kind of process. First of all, if you have a borth mother already, that wants to give her child up to you, you will need a lawyer. Draw up a contract. She will really need a lawyer too. If she does not have the money, and you really want this child you can legally pay for her lawyer. You will want to have contracts drawn up and specify EVERYTHING you can think of. Then you move forward from there.

Answer2: When a parent voluntarily terminates parental rights states require one or both parents to legally consent to the adoption. Most states require

consent to be in writing and done before a judge or other court-appointed person. Many states have designed programs to help with the transition for all persons involved.