1. Pull the hood release lever located under the dashboard.
2. Walk around to the front of the car, reach under the hood, find the latch and squeeze it. Open the hood.
3. Find the spark plugs, located in a row along one side of the engine (on an in-line four-cylinder engine) and attached to thick wires, called spark plug wires. Cars with V-shaped engines (which can have four, six or eight cylinders) will have spark plugs and spark plug wires on both sides of the engine.
4. Change one spark plug at a time, always putting the plug wire back on before changing the next spark plug.
5. Pull off one spark plug wire where it attaches to the plug. There is a little rubber boot at the plug end of the wire; pull on this part. Pulling higher up on the wire can damage the spark plug wire and cause it to separate.
6. Blow or wipe away any dirt or debris around the spark plug. You do not want anything to fall into the cylinder while the spark plug is out.
7. With the spark plug socket and a ratchet, remove the spark plug by turning it in a counterclockwise direction. You may need an extension for your ratchet if the spark plugs are deep-set or not directly accessible. Ratchets with flexible heads are especially helpful for hard-to-reach spark plugs.
8. Check the spark plug to make sure it needs replacing. A good spark plug should be lightly coated with greyish brown deposits. If heavy deposits are present, if the spark plug is black or if the electrode or core nose are damaged, the plug needs to be replaced.
Video - www.carbasics.co.uk - look in the 'how to' section.
How do you get 1000000 robux for free?
What's the most outdated thing you still use today?
If you are 13 years old when were you born?
What is Spider-Mans phone number?
How many children did Alexander Hamilton have?
Why did Aaron Burr shoot and kill Alexander Hamilton?
Which city produces the most breakfast cereal?
How many times does 8 go into 75?
What is modal fabric??
What were George Washingtons false teeth made from?
Who was Yale University named after?
What determines whether you are left or right handed?
What would you do if the internet was suddenly gone?
What is the longest plate appearance in MLB history?
What is the official name of the Statue of Liberty?
Why can't we remember our dreams?
What are the advantages of turnaround document?
What are advantages and disadvantages of micro planning?
How does a miptor exercise?
Is Randy Fenoli married to Liza Menelli or is Michael Landry his partner?
Are the friction losses of an induction machine linear?
BA-28 which is a recommended water-skiing safety practice?
Are friction losses of the machine linear?
Which three square numbers that add up to 125?
Copyright © 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.