Disconnect the positive post of the battery cable. Underneath the passenger side of the truck you will find the starter. It is bolted to the bell housing of the transmission. It will take a 13mm socket and extension. After removing the two bolts you will be able to pull the starter out of the housing area and disconnect the wires on the solenoid.
Starter Removal & Installation
1. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
2. Raise and safely support the vehicle.
3. Remove the starter terminal cover.
4. Remove the terminal nut and separate the battery starter cable from the starter motor.
5. Disconnect the solenoid (S) terminal connector, if equipped with a starter mounted solenoid.
Ø To disconnect the hard-shell connector from the solenoid (S) terminal, grasp the plastic shell and pull off; do not pull on the wire. Pull straight off to prevent damage to the connector and (S) terminal.
6. Remove the starter motor retaining bolts.
7. Remove the starter motor from the vehicle.
8. Place the starter motor in position and install the starter motor retaining bolts. Tighten the bolts to 15-20 ft. lbs. (20-27 Nm).
9. Install the battery starter cable and a terminal nut to the starter motor. Tighten the terminal nuts to 79 inch lbs. (9 Nm).
10. Connect the solenoid (S) terminal connector, if equipped with a starter mounted solenoid.
11. Install the starter solenoid safety cap. If equipped.
12. Lower the vehicle.
13. Connect the negative battery cable.
14. Start the engine several times to check starter motor operation
Note: Disconnect both batteries if the truck has more then one.
Location of starter on 89 ford f150
To remove the fan shroud from the 1999 Ford F150 you need a user manual to guide you.
On the Starter
6 quarts ( 5.7 liters ) WITH FILTER CHANGE
6 quarts with filter change
first- disconnect the battery or you'll be sorry.ZAP! second- disconnect the wires from the starter third- unbolt two bolts and you are done. Tada!
Instructions are in the box the starter came with or go to the manufacturers web site. Not a fun job unless you've done them before & have access to wiring diagrams
Removing the spare tire from a 1999 Ford F150 is simple. All you have to do is get under the truck and unbolt the spare tire.
6 quarts ( 5.7 liters ) with filter change
How do you remove and replace the battery on a 2001 Ford F150?
im looking for a wire diagram for f150 starter i am connecting
check your starter or starter relay.
Near the starter on the exhaust header. If it is 1990 it will be fun to break the rusty sensor out of the truck. good luck
There are several reasons why a Ford F150 may not start. A few reasons could be a bad starter, dead battery, or the truck could be out of gas.
I need to change out the alternator on my 2001 f150 supercrew. how do I do it?
Very easy. Purchase the new starter and you see how easy it is.
how do I reset my service engine light on my 1999 ford f150
To reset the anti-theft on a Ford F150 1999, put the key in the ignition. Turn the key halfway and leave it in that position before starting the car.
Lower rear end of engine passenger side
The starter on a 97 Ford F150 4.2 V6 is located on the bottom, left side of the engine. It is bolted directly to the engine's block and receives power from the battery.
A 1986 Ford F150 starter won't stuff off when the key is turned off if the ignition switch is jammed. This will cause the start signal to be sent to the starter continuously.
A 1999 Ford F150 with a V6 engine has a transmission fluid capacity of 14 quarts. If performing a pan drop only five quarts of fluid are needed.
Ford F150 Starter LocationBased on my owning several Ford pickups over the last 20 some years, Ford F150 starters are located on the right [curbside / passenger side] of the engine, down near the bottom of the block [just above the top edge of the oil pan] and on the rear flange of the engine on which the transmission and/or clutch bell housing attaches.