Ford Contour
Cadillac DeVille
Chevy Trailblazer

How do you drain the radiator in a 98 Contour?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2015-07-15 20:59:37
2015-07-15 20:59:37

Looking up from under the car, the drain is located on the bottom right and corner of the radiator. A large flat blade screwdriver will be needed to turn the drain cap and allow fluid to be released. The drain cap can't be fully removed from the radiator so there is no worry that the cap will get lost.


Related Questions

It is that drain plug looking thing at the bottom left of the radiator.

Either at the bottom or the rear lower section of radiator

No , the " radiator " cap / pressure cap is the thread on cap on the engine coolant reservoir

It is located on the bottom or bottom side of the radiator. You will actually turn the stem to drain your radiator.

Should be on the bottom or rear of the radiator

Lower drivers side of the radiator.

by Tigercadd:The drain plug is at the bottom of the radiator, passenger side facing the engine compartment. Im not a Big mechanic or anything but i know a few basics, not every car has a drain plug for the radiator, if it does, it will be on the bottom of the rad. if it doesnt a simple way to drain the coolant would be to disconect the bottom rad hose and let the coolant drain through thatI have looked at the manual and from what I can remember, on the Ford Contour, you have to remove the plastic splashboard underneath the front part of the car before you can see the radiator drain plug on a 1998 Ford Contour. I have not actually changed the radiator fluid on my Contour but I know you will have to remove the bolts that hold the splashboard on and remove the splashboard before you can see the radiator drainplug.

you can either pull the hose for it or you can usually just open the drain plug on the radiator

To drain the coolant system on a 98 Corsa, locate the drain plug under the radiator. Remove the plug and catch the run-off in a pan.

You can find it on the bottom of the radiator. If you want to see it you have "climb" under the car.

At the bottom of the radiator on the passangers side.

Goto autozone .com and look in repair info

they are at the bottom corner of the radiator.

Drain cock for the coolant is on the lower passenger side of the radiator toward the engine bay side of the radiator. Difficult to get at, but nothing a long, man-sized screwdriver can't solve.

Look more carefully and see if the radiator is leaking -sounds like it. If so, get it repaired ASAP.

How do you install a radiator in a 1998 ford contour?"

it is locate under neath of your radiator.drivers side.:)

The radiator on a 98 Buick Century is flushed by turning the petcock to drain the coolant. Water is then flushed through the system until all contaminants are removed.

Typically there is a petcock valve on the lower left side of the radiator, unscrew the petcock to drain the radiator. On radiators without a petcock, you would remove the lower hose to drain the system. (Quite messy!)

i need diagram for a starter a 98 ford contour

usually on bottom under lower radiator hose if its not on the lower radiator hose it will be located on the lower back side of the radiator. look on the driver side. its an @$$ to get to.

remove electric fan drain coolant remove upper and lower hose remove what ever else may be blocking the radiator from being removed remove radiator reverse

There is a petcock on the lower drivers side of the radiator. Turn it counterclockwise and pull out at the smae time. If it is missing or broken then you have to use the lower radiator hose.

9/2/07 I am looking for the same answer 9/2/07 I am looking for the same answer

The engine coolant drain plug, on a 1998 Ford expedition, is located on the bottom of the radiator. The drain plug will come out by turning to the left.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.