Best Answer

If the father did not sign the birth certificate, then you already have sole custody.

User Avatar

Wiki User

โˆ™ 2009-07-10 20:20:51
This answer is:
User Avatar
Study guides

Add your answer:

Earn +20 pts
Q: How do you gain custody over your child if the father does not sign the birth certificate?
Write your answer...
Still have questions?
magnify glass
Related questions

Does the birth mother have sole custody of her child if she is not married to its father but the father of the baby has signed the birth certificate?

If the father signed the birth certificate, then the mother will have to go to family court to obtain sole custody of the child, whether or not the case will be contested.

Does a unwed mother have custody of a child if the father is on birth certificate in Ohio?

Yes, the birth certificate will not give him custody. The father have to prove paternity in court with a DNA test and he can then petition for visitation or custody. Then he can also pay child support.

Can an unmarried father be on a child's birth certificate and still not have custody?

Yes. Parentage and custody are different things.

Does birth mother have sold custody of child if she is not married to father but father of baby is on birth certificate and living with her in Arizona?

No she cant be the mother or have custody for a child she dont even own

Does the birth mother have sole custody of her child if she is not married to its father but the father of the baby is not on the birth certificate?

Even if the father's name is on the birth certificate, and is living with the mother, except in Arizona.

Can a mother have full custody if the father is not on the birth cert?

Yes, the mother can have full custody of the child if the father's name is not on the birth certificate and he has not paid any child support. However, if you just didn't want the father's name on the birth certificate at the time the baby was born, but received child support then you may have trouble getting full custody.

Man signed birth certificate that's not the father there is a bio father and the child is not living with the mother which is unfit so does the bio father have full custody?

No, as he has no legal rights to the child even if he sign the certificate himself. You will need to file for custody. see links below.

If a father doesn't get his name put on a birth certificate will he still be able to get custody of the child?

It will be hard for him to prove it, as his name is missing.

If your son father name is not on the birth certificate and the child is carrying your maiden name and is living with his father means that now the father has sole custody of the child?

Do the kids make fun of him for having your maiden name? Did you give him custody of the child? Is he his guardian? If so, then yes.

Who gets custody of a child when mother hangs herself and the father is on birth certificate?

Having one's signature on the birth certificate is a good first step, but it will not automatically give custody to that man. The court will look at all of the circumstances of the case.

Can single mother leave custody of child to another family member in her will if father is not on birth certificate even if paternity is proved?


Are you allowed to take your child out of the country without telling the father even if his names on the birth certificate?

Not if he has visitation rights or shared custody.

People also asked