Bankruptcy Law
Criminal Law
Court Procedure

How do you get your chapter 7 bankruptcy case dismissed when you have no attorney clerk was unable to help?



User Avatar
Wiki User

You will need to file a "motion to dismiss." Don't forget to serve your motion on the trustee and us trustee. Unfortunitely, you do not have a "right" to dismiss your case. The court will typically set a hearing to hear your reason for the request. Don't be surprised if your trustee objects to the dismissal if there are assets. (They receive a percentage of the value liquidated). The court may also dismiss your case if you have not complied with all of the filing or fee requirements.