Asked in
Federal Laws
Isaac Newton
Microsoft Xbox 360
Wolverine (X-Men)

How do you move your guns?


User Avatar
Wiki User
March 30, 2008 4:50PM

There is no registration of firearms on the Federal level in US. There is no need to deal with the government at all if you move, even interstate, with your firearms.

There are two exceptions to this.

One is firearms subject to NFA, such as machine guns. Check the ATF FAQ in related links.

The other is state and local laws. Check the laws of your destination to make sure of the legal requirements there. This is particularly important if yo are moving to Chicago, New York, or California.