Step by step to fix the "off tracked" window on civic ex 2dr 97.
1) Take off the lower speaker cover 2) Unscrew 3 screws that holds the speaker 3) Disconnect the speaker wire plug 4) Unscrew 3 screws that holds the door panel around the speaker. 5) Unscrew the screw inside of "small bucket" on the door panel arm rest, disconnect the power window plug. 6) Unscrew the screw behind door opener by lifting the door opener 7) Turn and wiggle the cover with door opener pulled to take off the cover. 8) Take off the triangular tweeter/cover by using screw driver. It will "pop" out. 9) Use a screw driver to "pop" out the panel cover, by this time, the panel should be loose. Pull up and out on the panel and it will come off.More InfoExcellent guide to removing the panel, this is the same way I've done it. I'd like to add a bit more information to assist in placing the window back on its rail.
You WILL need a 10mm socket driver. A second set of hands will help!
1) Re-attach the power window controls so that we may temporarily operate the window.
2) Looking at the internal door through the largest opening, roll the window down until you can see the bolt that holds the window on the mechanism. If you move your eyes towards the door hinge, you will see a circular opening in the door and a second bolt that holds the opposite end of the glass.
3) CAUTION!! Make sure the window is held in place while performing this step, or the window may fall into the door and break! Using the 10mm driver, remove both of these bolts and maneuver the window back into its track. (you may even have to pull the glass all the way out of the door) Slide the glass back down into the door, making sure it is sliding straight down and remaining in its track. Bolt the glass back into place and operate the window to ensure it stays in place.
4) Close up the door and enjoy knowing you've saved $175 dollars for doing this yourself!
how to remove front passenger seat of 1996 Honda Civic EX 2 door coupe
To change the front passenger window weatherstripping on a Honda Civic first open the door. Pull the old stripping off and remove the door panel. Use a water proof sealant and place the new weatherstripping around the window.
To replace the back window on a Honda Civic DX, you will have to remove the old one, peel off the remaining plastic, and put the new one in place.
A front passenger seat on a 2005 Honda Civic is held on by four bolts. Pull the seat back to loosen the front two. Pull the seat forward to reach the two rear bolts. Remove the seat.
How to remove factory stereo from 2001 honda civic?
Remove the inside door panel. Remove the wiring harness from the window motor. Remove the track linkage. Remove the window motor retaining screws. Reverse the process to install the new window motor.
You can turn on the passenger airbags in a 2014 Honda Civic EX by switching on the fuse under the hood.
take the door apart then put it back on that's what i did to my metallic blue 2000 Honda civic with yellow flames on the side
remove the small pin with a pair of plyers, maybe 'needlenose' plyers
To remove the door panel on a 2001 Honda Civic loosen all of the mounting screws. Pull the panel back gently to remove the rest of the clips without breaking them.
The rear window glass on a Honda Civic is held in place by a silicone sealer. Remove the old glass be prying it away from the car. Clean off any residue of the sealant. Properly line up the window and use the silicone sealer to glue to window to the car.
Manual window cranks are held on with a screw on 1997 Honda Civics. Remove the plastic cover on the handle to reveal the screw. Loosen and remove the handle. Replace with a new unit.
how do i deactivate the immobilizer from my honda civic 2006
how to replace a mirror on a 1999 Honda civic two-door.
Pushing the button!!
You will need to remove the door panel from your 2001 Honda Civic. Remove the site view mirror wiring harness. Remove the side view mirror retaining bolts. Reverse the process to install the new side view mirror.
no windows fit...
The front passenger quarter panel on a 1997 Honda Civic is taken off by removing all of the mounting hardware. Lift the hood and locate all the mounting bolts on the inside is remove them. Check under the vehicles for dust coves and remove them. Open the door and remove the bolts. Once all mounting hardware is removed pull the fender off.
Buy a new car. Who wants a Honda Civic? You should treat yourself.
How to remove the ac compressor housing in a honda civic 2001
A 1995 Honda Civic will have a trim on top of the window that can be removed. Once removed, the window will have a spot to slide out of the door. Slide the old window out of the door and replace with the new glass.
i believe it is in the heated rear window
Check the window fuses. They are located underneath the driver side kick panel. If the fuses are blown the windows will not work.