How do you remove the door panel of the passenger side door of a 97 Honda Civic to put the window back on track?
Step by step to fix the "off tracked" window on civic ex 2dr 97.
1) Take off the lower speaker cover 2) Unscrew 3 screws that holds the speaker 3) Disconnect the speaker wire plug 4) Unscrew 3 screws that holds the door panel around the speaker. 5) Unscrew the screw inside of "small bucket" on the door panel arm rest, disconnect the power window plug. 6) Unscrew the screw behind door opener by lifting the door opener 7) Turn and wiggle the cover with door opener pulled to take off the cover. 8) Take off the triangular tweeter/cover by using screw driver. It will "pop" out. 9) Use a screw driver to "pop" out the panel cover, by this time, the panel should be loose. Pull up and out on the panel and it will come off.
You WILL need a 10mm socket driver. A second set of hands will help!
1) Re-attach the power window controls so that we may temporarily operate the window.
2) Looking at the internal door through the largest opening, roll the window down until you can see the bolt that holds the window on the mechanism. If you move your eyes towards the door hinge, you will see a circular opening in the door and a second bolt that holds the opposite end of the glass.
3) CAUTION!! Make sure the window is held in place while performing this step, or the window may fall into the door and break! Using the 10mm driver, remove both of these bolts and maneuver the window back into its track. (you may even have to pull the glass all the way out of the door) Slide the glass back down into the door, making sure it is sliding straight down and remaining in its track. Bolt the glass back into place and operate the window to ensure it stays in place.
4) Close up the door and enjoy knowing you've saved $175 dollars for doing this yourself!
How do you remove the passenger side door panel on your 2001 Honda Civic Ex to replace the side mirror?
The front passenger quarter panel on a 1997 Honda Civic is taken off by removing all of the mounting hardware. Lift the hood and locate all the mounting bolts on the inside is remove them. Check under the vehicles for dust coves and remove them. Open the door and remove the bolts. Once all mounting hardware is removed pull the fender off.
You can get glass at any junk yard or Honda dealership. At the dealership you will probably pay $200 or more, at a junkyard probably around $75 or less. To replace a window you would remove the door panel first (the plastic covering on the inside of the door). You remove about 5 screws from the door, then start at the bottom and pop the panel off by pulling out. On most cars you need…
Honda civic passenger window wont go up or down. Already replaced driver and passenger side master control panels.?
According to the Haynes manual for all 1992 to 1995 Honda Civic and Honda De Sol models. The diagnostic connector is located under the passenger side glove box behind the kick panel. Using a small screw driver remove the plastic cover from the electrical connectors and plug in your DBII diagnostic tool. I have a 1995 Honda Civic EX and the photo in the book looks nothing like anything under my passenger side glove box