1. You'll need your ratchet set, a flat head screwdriver, maybe needle nose plyers, and a replacement bulb.
2. You'll need to loosen (but not remove) the black, radiator cover in order to get access to the headlamp. There are 6 black, plastic, circle shaped plugs with a small circular lock on top of the black plug. Use the flat edge of the screwdriver to pry that circular lock upwards. Pull it up about an inch and then you will be able to pry out the plugs. Do this with all six plugs.
3. Next, remove the two bolts that hold the lamp in place. There are actually 4 bolts in the same general area, but you only need to remove the two that hold the lamp in place.
4. Carefully tug, twist and turn the lamp so that you pull it out of it's socket by about 8 inches. Let it sit on the bumper. This should give you enough room to access the correct bulb from the back of the lamp.
5. Turn the bulb plug counter clockwise and it will eventually pop out of the lamp.
6. Use a flat-head screwdriver to carefully apply pressure where the old bulb is connected to the black plastic base. The old bulb will pop out.
7. Push the new bulb straight into the plug. No turning required. Just straight in with a click.
8. Insert the plug back into the lamp, turn it clockwise to lock it into place.
9. Shimmy and twist the lamp back into position and screw it back into place.
10. Use your fingers to put the 6 black circle shaped plugs back into place. Just position them over the hole, make sure the small circle is pulled all the way out, push the big circle through the hole, then push the small cicle down to lock it into place. Sounds difficult, but once you see it done a single time, you'll be an expert.
If the bulb didn't break, the entire job would have taken me 15 minutes at most. Good luck!
how to remove rear struts on 2005 chevy cobalt
You need to remove the head lap it has some scews on the side and on front.
replace bulb in front
Front Turn signal removal on 2005 Cobalt, Open Hood and look at the headlight unit There are approximately 4 or 5 3/8 or 5/16 bolts. You need to remove them and the unit will just pop out. The turn signal bulb is the one closest to the side panel.
The turn signal relays are in the engine fuseblock in the engine compartment under the hood. Diagram is on the lid of the fuseblock
If you are talking about a front turn signal, there is a release tab inside the fender. when you push it it will release the whole light assembly. Then you can access the bulb
there are two screws holding the light assembly to the car. Remove the two and replace after removing headlight
Replace the rear bulb and be sure the contacts are clean.
you have to open up the hood and take out all the junk and put in the new bulb.
rear 6"X9" and the front is 6.5"
How to replace left front door actuator on a 2005 honda accord hybrid
where is the bcm located on a 2005 chevy cobalt
yes it can as long as you tow it from the front wheels
Yes with the front tiers off the ground.
There is no transmission dipstick in a 2005 cvhevy cobalt
To remove signal (corner) light. the light is able to come off by pulling it towards you facing the vehicle. once popped off the light has a plug attached to it, remove it cautiously.
Answer: Replace Hyundai Sonata.
A 2005 Chevy Cobalt has electronic steering, so no pump will be found.
where is the shift solinoid located on a 2005 chevy cobalt. and how do you change it
Which module are you looking for? The ECU is under the hood right in front of the black fuse box.
A 2005 Chevy Cobalt SS cost $7000 to $10500 depending on the mileage and general condition of the car. Vehix has many 2005 Chevy Cobalt SS listings available.
open trunk...reach inside by the light assembly...loosen the wing nut type bolts....then loosen the 2 nuts by where the trunk meets the body on the trunk side...pull the entire assembly out....replace bulb.
There are many places where one can find information on a 2005 Chevrolet Cobalt. One can find information on a 2005 Chevrolet Cobalt at popular on the web sources such as Edmunds and AOL Autos.
The Chevy Cobalt was first produced in 2005
It's on the passenger side on the front of the shifter console, the plate will pull off and then you will see the fusebox.