1) DISABLE THE AIRBAGS (lock ignition, remove Bat- cable and wait 2 minutes before proceeding).
2) Remove the bezel surrounding the shifter by freeing its catches with a small screwdriver.
3) Reach through the resulting slot with a spring tool or similar hooked tool and release (from below) two of the four catches holding the status display and shifter-slot cover onto the rest of the shifter (If this is difficult, removing the rear console will give somewhat better access). Releasing both catches on either left or right side will free the cover. It will still be captive on the shifter stalk but you can rotate it to give access to the bulb.
4) Grasp the bulb gently with a rubber-padded tool and pull it free; alternatively reach down with suitable needle-nose pliers or such and engage the lamp socket; rotate it clockwise so it disengages and falls away below and then fish it out to get clear access to the bulb. If you do this you'll no doubt want to remove the rear console in order to reinsert the socket, unless your spacial perception and ingenuity are both pretty good and your hands don't shake that much.
5) Put it all back together, re-enable the airbags.
david beierl < dbeierl -at- atglobal.net >
it is in the trunk you just turn and pull the light out of the socket and the light bulb is a 194 i do believe
how do you replace shift indicator light escalade 2003
How do you replace a break light switch on 1995 Chevy Tahoe
Short in the wiring, or the circuit is overloaded.
you take the light out and put the new one in
Take out the side indicator light assembly (which is most difficult part) and then replace the bulb.
how do you replace side marker light on 2008 chevy trailblazer
how do you replace dome light in s10 chey blazer?
you don't, replace the sensor as it's bad.
You can replace the dome light bulb in a 2002 Chevy Cavalier by first prying the dome light cover off of the light. Then, remove the bulb and replace it by twisting the bulb from the socket.
How can I replace the climate control light on a 2006 Chevy Equinox? Both my heat control and fan speed light are out.
The indicator panel should by carefully pried out. Then you can change the bulb.