1) DISABLE THE AIRBAGS (lock ignition, remove Bat- cable and wait 2 minutes before proceeding).
2) Remove the bezel surrounding the shifter by freeing its catches with a small screwdriver.
3) Reach through the resulting slot with a spring tool or similar hooked tool and release (from below) two of the four catches holding the status display and shifter-slot cover onto the rest of the shifter (If this is difficult, removing the rear console will give somewhat better access). Releasing both catches on either left or right side will free the cover. It will still be captive on the shifter stalk but you can rotate it to give access to the bulb.
4) Grasp the bulb gently with a rubber-padded tool and pull it free; alternatively reach down with suitable needle-nose pliers or such and engage the lamp socket; rotate it clockwise so it disengages and falls away below and then fish it out to get clear access to the bulb. If you do this you'll no doubt want to remove the rear console in order to reinsert the socket, unless your spacial perception and ingenuity are both pretty good and your hands don't shake that much.
5) Put it all back together, re-enable the airbags.
david beierl < dbeierl -at- atglobal.net >
it is in the trunk you just turn and pull the light out of the socket and the light bulb is a 194 i do believe
how do you replace shift indicator light escalade 2003
How do you replace a break light switch on 1995 Chevy Tahoe
Short in the wiring, or the circuit is overloaded.
Take out the side indicator light assembly (which is most difficult part) and then replace the bulb.
you take the light out and put the new one in
You can replace the dome light bulb in a 2002 Chevy Cavalier by first prying the dome light cover off of the light. Then, remove the bulb and replace it by twisting the bulb from the socket.
how do you replace side marker light on 2008 chevy trailblazer
how do you replace dome light in s10 chey blazer?
How can I replace the climate control light on a 2006 Chevy Equinox? Both my heat control and fan speed light are out.
you don't, replace the sensor as it's bad.
you pop the clear plastic off on the side of the swith and replace the light... close by putting the opposite end first and the clicking it in by the switch. thank you
you need to replace the bulb in the front...
The indicator panel should by carefully pried out. Then you can change the bulb.
Dealer? Auto Zone? Salvage yard? E-Bay?
Be sure the dash light dimmer switch is not turned off. Check the fuses.
I dont see one
The service light indicator on a 2004 Chevy Cavalier tells its owners when to send the vehicle in for maintenance. To reset the light, unplug the battery for five seconds.
Remove the cover to the shifter column. The indicator light will need to be detached from the wiring harness. Reverse the process to install the new light.
Begin by removing the connector from the back of your VW drivers side indicator light. You can remove the light bulb by pushing it in and turning at the same time. Reverse the process to install your new drivers side indicator light bulb.
The instrument cluster must be removed to replace the light bulbs on it.
traction control is off.
Come on people..... I need to know how to do this also! :) Both of mine are burned out!
For lights behind the speedometer/tach warning light area, you have to take the screws out of the panel and then guide it out enough that you can twist it sideways and pull out the burned out bulbs. Replace with bulbs #194 and I would use the Long Life version of the bulbs.
If you have an automatic transmission. Then you do not have a shift indicator light.