This process, for both the drivers-side and passenger-side, requires patience, excellent dexterity and a fair amount of mechanical aptitude.
Try this FIRST on the passenger side, as it is "easier" to access than the driver's side.
USE EXTREME CARE, because it's EASy to break the release lever.
1. Open the hood and look at the back end of the headlight assembly, directly behind the headlight.
2. Notice the hook-shaped "release lever" AND the small textured rectangular area, immediately adjacent to the "release lever".
3. Depress the textured area, with your index finger, to "unlock" the "release lever"
4. With your finger still depressing the textured "locking tab", CAREFULLY lift (rotate) the hook-shaped "release lever". This will unlock the entire headlight assembly.
NOTE: IF YOU CAN'T do this easily...STOP before you break the release lever...it's expensive to replace.
5. If the assembly is unlocked, reach behind the assembly, with your fingers, and "pull" the assembly toward the front (as though you are trying to push it out)
6. The headlight assembly should be loose and you will see that it is now protruding from the fender about 1/4" - 1/2".
7. Grasp the headlight assembly, with your fingertips, and carefully jiggle and pull the assembly out.
8. Remove the plastic cover from the back.
9. Replace the bulb
10. Replace the plastic cover
11. CAREFULLY slide the headlight assembly back into the guide-rails.
THIS IS WHERE YOU NEED TO BE PATIENT
12. If the housing and guide-rails are dirty, clean them out with a rag moistened with window cleaner.
13. You may want to rub the guide-rails with a candle to "lubricate" them to make it easier to replace the assembly.
NOTES: a. It took me a little over 1.50 hours the first time I did this.
b. I just replaced both low-beams today and it took me about 30 minutes.
c. The drivers side requires a bit more time, only because the release lever is a little harder to get to.
AGAIN, if it seems TOO HARD to do...STOP and have your VW dealer assist.
Do mother birds really abandon their chicks if a human touches them?
How old is Danielle cohn?
What year would you graduate if you were born in 1974?
Mrs Smith has nine children half of them are girls . how can this be true?
What are peoples passwords on roblox?
What is half of 190?
Are Danny Devito and Joe Devito related?
What year would you graduate high school if you were born in 1967?
What's the "Bastille" in Bastille Day?
If you could make one change to the education system, what would it be?
Is it safe to take a shower during a thunderstorm?
Why is the clock tower in London called Big Ben?
Why don't satellites crash into earth?
Where is the origin of the Panama hat?
Have you ever crashed a wedding or had your wedding crashed, if so what happened?
How many times did Joe Biden run for president?
What is the summary of the poem kitchen by taufiq rafat?
Is management an instinct or a set of skills and techniques that can be taught?
BA-28 which is a recommended water-skiing safety practice?
What is the characters of The Mulberry Tree and the Children by Sim Hun?
How many carbon atoms are represented by the model below?