This process, for both the drivers-side and passenger-side, requires patience, excellent dexterity and a fair amount of mechanical aptitude.
Try this FIRST on the passenger side, as it is "easier" to access than the driver's side.
USE EXTREME CARE, because it's EASy to break the release lever.
1. Open the hood and look at the back end of the headlight assembly, directly behind the headlight.
2. Notice the hook-shaped "release lever" AND the small textured rectangular area, immediately adjacent to the "release lever".
3. Depress the textured area, with your index finger, to "unlock" the "release lever"
4. With your finger still depressing the textured "locking tab", CAREFULLY lift (rotate) the hook-shaped "release lever". This will unlock the entire headlight assembly.
NOTE: IF YOU CAN'T do this easily...STOP before you break the release lever...it's expensive to replace.
5. If the assembly is unlocked, reach behind the assembly, with your fingers, and "pull" the assembly toward the front (as though you are trying to push it out)
6. The headlight assembly should be loose and you will see that it is now protruding from the fender about 1/4" - 1/2".
7. Grasp the headlight assembly, with your fingertips, and carefully jiggle and pull the assembly out.
8. Remove the plastic cover from the back.
9. Replace the bulb
10. Replace the plastic cover
11. CAREFULLY slide the headlight assembly back into the guide-rails.
THIS IS WHERE YOU NEED TO BE PATIENT
12. If the housing and guide-rails are dirty, clean them out with a rag moistened with window cleaner.
13. You may want to rub the guide-rails with a candle to "lubricate" them to make it easier to replace the assembly.
NOTES: a. It took me a little over 1.50 hours the first time I did this.
b. I just replaced both low-beams today and it took me about 30 minutes.
c. The drivers side requires a bit more time, only because the release lever is a little harder to get to.
AGAIN, if it seems TOO HARD to do...STOP and have your VW dealer assist.
How to replace right from headlight bulb on 2000 ford contour 4 cyl...?
replace low beam bulb 2006 kia senoda
How I have to do for replace a little bulb on the ODO speedometer cable on 1973 Super Beetle ?
I have a 2000 S 430, and when my dash read "low Beam" I actually had to take it to the dealer to replace because of the new Xenon headlights, the bulb itself ran me $160.00!
what do you do if wingnut stuck when replacing a rear indicator bulb on a vw beetle
How replace right head light
Passenger side or driver side? BClear. The low beam is built into the same bulb as the high beam. Just pull the bulb out from behind the housing under the hood and replace it. If the low beam doesnt work you have to replace the whole bulb. They're not very expensive.
$12 + tax to get bulb from dealer. You can replace it yourself. Instructions are in the manual.
H1 55W bulb
open the hood and there is a hook like lever close to where u see the headlight housing move it down and then remove the bulb lens and or as i call it the eye ball then un plug the wiring harness from the low beam by depressing on the tab and then take the grey schroud off the back of the light housing there are tabs along the sides of it then to get the actuall bulb out u have to push down a springy wire then move it to the left and the walla wiggle the bulb out by tugging on the wire a bit then reverse the process and then u have replace your lowbeam headlight bulb
replace the bulb. the high beam filament is burned out.
9005 high beam and 9006 low beam.
If only the low-beam is out, you will need to replace the low-beam bulb. It is probably not necessary to replace the entire headlight assembly.
Low beam bulb is burnt out. Replace it.
The low beam bulb, on a Mercedes Benz ML 350, can be accessed from the back of the headlight. Take hold of the bulb, push in and turn, the bulb will come out and can be replaced.
How do you replace a front turn signal bulb for a 2000 sts cadillac?"
Yes, there are kits for sealed beam to minature halogens available.
The filaments inside bulbs are different wattages. It is best to replace the dead bulb.
The Low Beam AND High Beam are in the same bulb. The procedure to change it will be in the owners manual.
replace the high beam bulb
how do you replace a bulb in a fog light on a 2000 maxima?
low beam headlight bulb type: 9006