This is actually a fairly straight-forward and easy job. I completed it in my garage in about 15 minutes.
0. Make sure engine is COOL. otherwise, you WILL burn yourself.
1. Take a picture or diagram the path of your existing serpentine belt. This is critical to getting the new belt on. While it will only "fit" 1 way, it is much easier knowing how to "snake" the belt around, in-between and under the water pump, alternator, a/c compressor, tensioner, etc...
2. the tensioner is the key. you will need the biggest ratchet (3/4") that you have and it is even easier with a "breaker" bar (long bar that increases your torque, with socket head on end).
3. The belt tensioner is (using a clock face) about 2:00 - 3:00 oclock from the main crankshaft pully (if you were standing in front of the car, looking through the radiator, at the front of the engine). It has a 15mm or 17mm nut on it's center. If you put a socket to it, the tensioner will move by applying pressure in the counter-clockwise direction. This is compress the spring insid the tensioner, it will move in and provide slack for the belt.
4. SO, snake the new belt into position except for going around the tensioner.
5. (This is a little tricky) With the belt "almost" in place, place the socket inside the belt and onto the tensioner nut/bolt, so that when you compress the tensioner, the belt will be able to slip onto the tensioner pully. Apply the counter-clockwise pressure to the tensioner, creating enough roon to slip the belt into place and in the correct grooves. Release the tensioner and you are done!
I was able to replace my belt without removing ANYTHING from the front of the engine. If you must have the room you can remove the electric fan shroud by unbolting the two top bolts behind the radiator and disconnecting the two electrical feeds (on to each fan motor). The shrould will pivot back and lift out. It is easy, but not necessary to remove this item.
The 1998 Camry did not have a serpentine belt. Do you have a 1998 Corolla?
You don't repair a serpentine belt. You replace the worn or broken belt with a new one.
I found this information with a diagram of the serpentine belt. Hope it helps.
How do you replace the serpentine belt in 1997 sunfire
Replace serpentine belt on Chevy avalanche?HOW
You have to unscrew the tensioner bolt and remove the serpentine belt first, then change the pulley and replace the belt.You have to unscrew the tensioner bolt and remove the serpentine belt first, then change the pulley and replace the belt.
How do you route the serpentine belt for a 1998 w
Loosen alternator remove old belt. Reroute new belt, tighten alternator.
Loosen the tensioner pulley. Slide the tensioner pulley to the right. The serpentine belt will come loose. Remove the serpentine belt. Reverse the process to install the new serpentine belt.
how to replace a serpentine belt on 1992 grand am 2.3l
Raise up on the tensoiner and remove the belt then replace it using the schematic on the fan shroud or in the owners manual.
Away from the serpentine belt
diagram of serpentine belt for 528i BMW
where can i get a diagram for a serpentine tensioner belt for a 1998 Oldsmobile bravada
Maybe $100 tops....
How do you replace peugeot 407 serprntine belt
Saab dealer quoted 1 hour to replace the serpentine belt. The cost of the belt was $60 canadian.
How do you put on a serpentine belt on a 2002 Isuzu axiom
How long will it take to replace a belt tensioner unit and serpentine belt in a lexus 1996 sc300?
The cost to replace a 1999 Mazda Protege serpentine belt will vary depending on the cost of parts and cost of labor. The prices for the serpentine belt start at $14.56.
I need daigram of 2001 ford focus se serpentine belt
Loosen the tensioner pulley. The serpentine belt will become loose and can be removed. Put the new serpentine belt on and tighten the tensioner pulley.
how do i lossen the belt tensioner on a 2001 Hyundai Sante fe to replace the serpentine belt