How do you write a formal emcee script?
1. Know the program (the flow, the speaker, the nature of event, etc.).
2. Gather as many information as you can with regards to the speakers, the event and other related data.
3. Start making your script by making an Intro (humorous phrase or story perhaps)
4. Then relate your opening story or your introduction to the event.
5. Proceed by going through the details of the program and make appropriate transition form one portion to another.
NOTE: Every time you introduce the next portion of the program use transition such as humor or story. Don't just read the flow but make it more exciting portion after portion.
6. As an EMCEE you are the one who controls the pace. If the EMCEE is without enthusiasm the program becomes dry, but if you are lively the program becomes memorable.
7. Do your best and prepare, remember: you are called the "Master of Ceremony"
A sample script for an emcee to use for graduation day should include happy and uplifting comments on how far the graduates have come and how they are ready to take on life and begin their journey. It should include a welcome to everyone including graduates and congratulate the graduates on a job well done.
While you will have to work to personalize your script, there are certain sample phrases that an emcee could use for a farewell party. Begin by talking about how much the person leaving will be missed. If you have some funny stories about the person, add those in, people enjoy humor. You could also discuss why the person is leaving and wish him or her luck in their future adventures.
There's no preparation for informal emcee.. u just need to know the occasion , the gathering and be a part of it ! Its like mere commenting which probably might begin with a joke , a phrase , song , nything . and then u have to continue it according to the events ... on the spot.. !! preparing would be for formal .. informal is jumping business ! :)