Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
Answered 2008-03-21 22:03:54

It goes on your record and your insurance rates get adjusted.

User Avatar

Your Answer

Related Questions

Their insurance would be primary and your insurance would be considered secondary when filing a claim.

Each state has different time periods of filing an insurance claim after an accident. Check with you state to make sure you do not miss the filing period.

The first step for filling a motor accident claim is contacting your insurance company. The other person in the accident also needs to contact their insurance company.

I have file for Chapter 7 twice and it has had no effect on my car insurance.

Yes, your insurance company will pay for your accident if you caused it, but your insurance will increase. You may want to weigh the cost of covering it yourself and filing it on your insurance.

Firstly,, If you are temporarily and unknowinlgly driving an uninsured non-owned vehicle and you do have liability insurance on your own vehicle, Then in Most cases that liability insurance from you own vehicle will follow you to the temporary vehicle as secondary coverage, so the accident may be covered under that policy. If No insurance exists to cover the vehicle then you can be subject to traffic fines for driving without financial responsibility, Impound of the driven vehicle, Possible arrest at the scene of the accident, Possible jail time, A Civil Suit may be filed against you by the claimant, Suspension of drivers license for up to 10 years or until such time as you have paid for the damages reulting from the accident. Once you have satisfied the associated losses from the accident you may also be required to maintain an SR22 Insurance filing to re-acquire your driving priveledges.

if u both left and someone is filing insurance claim, BOTH parties will get charged with Leaving the scene of an accident and may not be able to file insurance claim

If you need an SR22 and do not own a vehicle, You can purchase a Non-Owners Insurance Policy with an SR22 filing and still be in compliance with your state ordered SR22 filing.

If you were in fact driving without insurance you will need to buy sr22 insurance. A conviction fro driving without insurance will incur a fine, an sr22 filing requirement and a state 3 year annual surcharge in order to keep your license.

1. You will have to pay for the injuries or damages, and a court can order your property and wages seized as partial compensation. 2. You may be fined for driving without insurance, if your state requires it, and for filing false documentation if you are required to swear on your renewals that you have (or maintain) insurance. 3. You will have a large bill for legal fees. 4. You may have a hard time getting insurance in the future.

Sr22 insurance can be required for any one or more of the following, 1, driving without Insurance, a DUI or a DWI, Poseesion of a controlled substance orhaving had an accident that was not covered. An Sr22 filing requirement can result in classification as a high risk driver requiring High risk insurance that can result in many negative effects as well as be hard on your wallet.

If an individual has been in an accident, they should first call their insurance company. A good insurance company may send an agent to document the accident. If another motorist is involved, it is good to exchange information. Additionally, it is best to inform the police so traffic can be re-routed safely,

Yes, cause it happened to me in Kansas. Then I had to get a n sr-22 filing.

After a collision, contact your insurance provider as soon as possible. Be honest with the investigator, and make sure to record all dealings with anyone relating to the accident (e.g. mechanics, insurance company, other party, etc.). They may help you receive your claim later.

You can file a claim with your auto insurance even though you had a DWI. You may or may not get something. There is a difference between filing a claim and collecting money.

The idea behind takin away the drivers license was that you were being irresponsible to drive without insurance. Now you want to demonstrate how irresponsible you REALLY are by filing bankruptcy to get out of your moral obligation. I sincerely hope the court will require you to pay for the damages to the other vehicle BEFORE they let you drive again.

No, if they have information of a third or first party carrier who is liable for accident related costs, they can make a claim directly to that carrier.

Hopefully the Police can provide the info, if not hopefully your insurance company can. You may end up filing a lawsuit, with all the expense, to force the government to release the contact info.

Filing Limit Claims must be submitted within 90 days from the date service is provided.^^^^^ That is INCORRECT! I'm a medical billing manager and you have to check with EACH insurance company as they all have different filing limits.Yes Friends,It differs from insurance to insurance.

You'll have to contact your auto insurance agent or provider. An SR22 filing is not a type of insurance. It is an endorsement to your existing Auto Insurance Policy. The cost depends on exactly he same things that any auto Insurance policy depends on, your age, location vehicle type and driving history

No, car insurance is a legally binding contract that starts on a specific date and time that is usually listed on the declarations page. The insurance company will not honor a claim that took place prior to the policy incepting.

If a person has been in a motorcycle accident and he or she needs to file a claim, the first thing he or she needs to do is contact the insurance company. If an individual is not insured, then that person needs to contact an attorney to properly file the claim. Generally, the claim is filed through the insurance company. Claim filing procedures depend on the motorist at fault.

You can receive advice for filing an insurance claim online at websites such as Huffington Post, USAA, and Yahoo! Financial. You can also contact the company you have insurance through and they should help you with the process.

Copyright ยฉ 2021 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.