Asked in
Children and the Law
Child Support

If a parent has not been heard from in 5 years and the child lives with the other parent in Texas is the child concidered abondoned by the other parent?


User Avatar
Wiki User
September 12, 2011 9:12PM

YES, My exgirlfriend moved up here to Illinois for three months and her ex-husband knew of it,,,,to get her life in order with her mother. When she returned her ex would not allow her to see the kids and she took him to court and lost all rights and the judge said it was abandonedment on her part.