Children and the Law
Child Support

If one parent has full custody does that mean that the other parent gives up all rights and visitation to that child?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2015-07-15 19:33:10
2015-07-15 19:33:10

No. Courts are very concerned that children have the opportunity to spend time with both parents. Unless there are mitigating circumstances, such as proven previous abuse. Even in this scenario, the court could order supervised visitation.


Related Questions

User Avatar

The custodial parent is the parent in which the child resides with. My son lives with me and I am the custodial parent, his dad has visitation rights and pays child support.

User Avatar

I am pretty sure they can if they have the permission and have custody over some of the child that is shared with the other parent.

User Avatar

The non-custodial parent should file for visitation rights for the child in the county where custody was given. If the parent who has custody of the child is preventing the non-custodial parent the right of visitation they can be found in contempt of court if visitation has already been established. If the custodial parent has too many repeated contempts filed against them, custody can be switched to the other parent.

Copyright © 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.