Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
Answered 2009-10-30 20:33:31

Yes, until the court order is modified.

User Avatar

Your Answer

Related Questions

No, the parent whom the child began residing would need to file for custody and also support before the original custodial parent would be obligated. However there would be no guarantee that a court would grant the motion.

Leaves them permanently or in violation of court ordered custody/visitation time? In either circumstances, the non-custodial parent may file an action for contempt of court against the custodial parent and/or file for custody/visitation modification based on the same.

No, child support is not retroactive unless there is already a order of support in place from the court. When there is an active order and a minor leaves the custodial parents home either with or without permission, support should still be paid as required until the matter is resolved in court.

Yes. A different view: If the custodial moves out of state and abandons a minor, then the custodial parent should be charged with endangering a minor, child abuse and neglect. Then the non-custodial parent should be given full custody of the minor child, and should then sue the parent who abandoned child for child support. There is never any reason or excuse for a parent to abandon a minor child, and leave them to "fend for himself". That is child abuse, child endangerment and neglect.

The non-custodial parent can file for custody.

It's legal for him to leave the state unless he has the kids with him and custodial parent do not consent for them to leave the state. He can be charged with kidnapping. If the non-custodial parent moves out of state, he or she must continue to pay child support. Also, visitation rights may be affected if the non-custodial parent lives far from the custodial parent.

Yes, however, you possibly have recourse if soon after the custodial parent leaves, you file a modification with the court. If the parent left with the child without the court's permission, some courts will require that they return with the child.

no the child is already 18 then they are legally an adult and the parent doesnt need to pay child support

The non-custodial parent has the right to file a motion against the custodial parent based on the same. As a result, the non-compliant parent may be held in contempt of court. If they are, penalties may include a monetary fine, jail or modification to the original custody order.

No. Parents have a legal obligation to care for their children, and that certainly includes financial support. If one parent leaves the household and stops acting as the custodial guardian of their children, the custodial parent can file for child support, regardless of marital status.With that said, laws vary greatly from state to state, and if you’re considering a child support case, you should speak with your attorney to make sure you understand your rights and obligations. This is especially important if you’re planning on sharing custody of your child or children with your ex-partner.With that said, here are a few important things to keep in mind. Note that this is an overview, and no part of this answer is intended as legal advice.Parents can file for child support as soon as it is necessary. The party with custody of the child (or children) is entitled to reasonable support from the non-custodial parent. To receive that support, they must file with a state child support agency.Contacting a state agency is often a fairly simple process, and for the most part, the agency handles much of the legwork. In Illinois, for instance, the Department of Healthcare and Family Services will search for the non-custodial parent, establish paternity, and obtain and enforce the child support order. The custodial parent simply needs to complete an online application form.Note that child support is typically prospective. That means that it’s not retroactive to the date it was issued—the sooner the custodial parent files, the sooner they can receive reasonable child support. For most custodial parents, the safest course of action is to apply for child support right away (but, again, consult an attorney).If parents share custody, the situation can be more complicated. A court will typically determine child support based on income disparity between the partners, parenting time schedules, and other factors. If, for example, both parents have similar incomes and they spend a similar amount of time with the child, the court might not grant child support to either of them.If you don’t have information about the other parent’s income, don’t worry—the court will request that information and make a fair determination.A divorce or separation does not change parents' obligations. However, the final terms of a divorce may change child support amounts. For instance, the divorce court may make important determinations for custody and visitation.As such, a court may grant a temporary child support order (a 'pendente lite" order) while a divorce or custody case proceeds. Custodial parents may have to file a pendente lite motion to receive this type of child support order.Child support payments can also change if either parents' financial circumstances change. This is typically accomplished by a Motion to Modify Child Support Order. When considering a temporary or permanent child support modification, courts evaluate changes in parental income, marital status, and the child’s financial need.The other parent’s visitation rights are not affected by child support payments. In other words, you can't prevent the other parent from visiting the child because they haven’t made child support payments on time.To file for child support, look up the requirements for your state. Many states have online applications to make the process easier.If you'd prefer not to apply online, contact a child support agency in your area. Be prepared to provide relevant documentation supporting your claim, and remember, if you're involved in a custody dispute or divorce, you should seek advice from a qualified attorney working in your state where the divorce has been filed.

It depends on the exact language in the custody decree, but ordinarily a custodial parent is allowed to place a minor child in the temporary care of any responsible adult.

Yes, until age 19, but you can file to have the monery go directly to the child. see link

Yup. The child's needs continue, notwithstanding the parents' behavior.SEE LINKS BELOW

Support the flowers. ^^^ Incorrect It is to Support the Leaves

the non custodial parent should always cover his / her back any support you pay pay it in a money order or pay it by check. always have proof or better yet a paper trail of what you are paying. in court custodial and non custodial parents play the word game, his work against her's. you need to proove that you are paying. if you cant proove you are doing your self more harm than good. if you buy clothes for your child. keep your reciepts so if you as the non custodial parent need to proove that you are not a dead beat you can proove it. Cash money has no real value once it leaves your hand. some custodial parents have been creative in making a $500 cash payment of child support verbally turn into $10. You always need a receipt / Proof !!!!! get a money order or a cashiers check, or a notarized letter to go with any payment you make. Custodial parents have also tried to claim they do not want to go through the motions of having anything documented. You both have to remember it is in what is in the best interest of your child. You would be suprised to hear of how many parents treat there beloved children as pawns and trophies, and as ways to make the other parent misirable. Unfortunately it does not start out that way but in many cases it ends up that way. GET YOUR RECEIPTS and proove you are supporting your child and most importantly Reserach the laws for the state you live and if you and your child live in two different states... check the laws for both states. If you both agree not to have support sanctioned y the court get your money orders ready or open a savings account for the child adn deposit the money in there by Money order witht the custodial parent having access to the child's account. that is a perfect paper trail.

That depends on state law where the child legally resides (or country if outside the USA). Every place has a different statute or guideline regarding what constitutes abandonment and in all cases, any extenuating circumstances are taken into consideration before making such a ruling.

no your parents do not have to. If a minor leaves the parental home without permission the parents are not legally obligated to support him or her. The parents should however for their own protection if nothing else report the minor as a runaway if the person's whereabouts is unknown or AA an absentee minor if they know where the minor can be found.

You should have gone to file for immediate custody as well as child support to be stopped after not hearing from the mother after a week. Your best chance would have been to inform the child support agency and the family law office at the court house what has happened and they can help you.

Yes. All U.S. states and the federal government honor any and all child support judgments and have the ability to enforce those judgments in whatever manner is required under state and/or federal laws. That being the case, it is not relevant where the non custodial parent lives (unless he or she leaves U.S. jurisdiction). The same methods of collection and/or enforcement will apply no matter which state the non custodial parent chooses to reside in.

A lot of problems is what happens. The slighted parent can call the police to have the minor returned, the other parent can be in trouble for allowing the minor to move in when it is a violation of the custody order and the two parents start a fight over the whole thing.

The leaves are were a tree does almost all its living, the rest is just support.

Copyright ยฉ 2021 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.