Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
Answered 2008-08-21 20:15:06

Doubtful. The child support is for the welfare of the child, not the mother. Check with your state child support office for specifics of the law in your state.

User Avatar

Your Answer

Related Questions

The answer is no. You do not stop paying child support if the mother gets married. The child is still your child and you have the responsibility to provide support for your own child.

Yes, as it is unrelated to your support, but please send the link below to her on stepparents.

Yes. Even if your "ex" gets married the child is still your child and you have to support your own child.

Yes, nothing stops a child support payment. The amount received is regardless of the financial status of the mother or the new husband.

First, there is no such thing as an illegal mother. Any parent, male or female, single, married, divorced or separated, may receive child support.

No...the father still has to provide for his kid till 18 sometimes longer

Yes, you will have to file for a change in the order but you can get it end if your child gets married. If they are in college and get married, that eliminates your duties of paying child support in most states.

The spouse is not obligated to pay but your incomes may be taken into account when they determine how much he pays every month on his back child support.

Yes, his responsibility towards the child he fathered is not diminished by his ex partners new relationship.

The father of the child (whether he was ever legally married to the child's mother or not) is obligated to pay the child support. His new spouse cannot be LEGALLY obligated to pay it since she has no part in the action at all, but there is no bar to her helping her husband pay it if she wishes to do so.

No, that is still your child. Alimony would stop but not child support.

Yes. they are still supposed to pay child support unless two parents come upon a different legal agreement.

Regular? yes SSD? The amount should be set to the child benefit check amount. SSI? No

Yes. Any man is responsible for paying child support if there is proof of parentage. The mother can request that the court order a DNA test. If the man is determined to be the father the court will order child support payments and visitation rights.

The father is responsible for paying at least the state mandated minimum in support regardless of what type of income or assistance the mother has. That is considered her portion of support, child support is yours.

If they are legally married, the father gets rights until mother gets out of prison, after that it is up to the state. If not legally married, they go into state custody.

The new spouse is not responsible for the child[ren].

Yes. And it's not the mother who gets his rights terminated, it is the court.

Yes! Go talk to your state DHR or child support division and file paperwork.

Yes. The fact that the custodial parent got married has no impact on child support.

No. The unmarried mother gets to name the child.No. The unmarried mother gets to name the child.No. The unmarried mother gets to name the child.No. The unmarried mother gets to name the child.

Yes, unless her husband adopts your child with your concent.