Children and the Law
Child Support

If the non-custodial parent lets you do something that your custodial parent will not let you do can your custodial parent sue?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2012-08-08 19:26:44
2012-08-08 19:26:44

It depends on what the activity is, which parent has legal custody, existing court orders, good judgment, safety, a whole host of factors. The parents should discuss the issue and come to an agreement. If it's a dangerous activity that results in damages and costs then the answer may be yes. The situation would need to be reviewed by an attorney who is familiar with the laws in your jurisdiction.


Related Questions

User Avatar

YES, by all means. Allowing a child to live with a noncustodial parent is just that unless there has been a court ordered changing the custody status of the child.

User Avatar

Sorry buddy but you have to obey the rules the parent you are with gives you. The one parent can not dictate what goes in the other parent's household.

User Avatar

That is dependent on state laws. In Missouri, not after 30 days. In most other states, you need to file a notification with child support enforcement, and/or the court. see related links

User Avatar

if you mean like, move out forever 18. if you mean walking down the sidewalk or something, any age your parent lets you.

User Avatar

The sentence "Lets get into something formal today" is not correct grammar due to improper use of preposition.

Copyright © 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.