Commercial Insurance
Workers Compensation
Waste and Recycling

If you are a sole proprietor in a service industry do you need to get bonded?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2007-05-27 07:26:01
2007-05-27 07:26:01

This depends on your business classification and your local business statutes. If you determine you do need to be bonded, contact your local insurance agent and buy an insurance bond. The type of bond will depend on your business classification. Most likely what you actually need is for your business to be " Insured ". In other words. Commercial General liability. Many if not most Bond Issuers will not issue you a bond if you do not carry appropriate Insurance for your business venture. being Bonded is not the same as being Insured.

User Avatar

Related Questions

AnswerYou are the only proprietor of your business but are you the only employee?yesthen, no you dont need it

Yes. If your dog walking business is bonded this just means you have liability protection in case you or someone working for you damages property while performing a service.

You can calculate gross profit for a service industry when there is no cost of goods sold by counting the number of services and the price. You then need to count the costs of gasoline and other costs made during the service.

A company is bonded because of state licensing decisions. Local governments decide on what companies need to be bonded, typically those that handle money.

ordinary warehouse no need to get license.but in bonded warehouse need to get license.

Hospitality is known as the act of generously providing care and kindness to whomever in need

You will more than likely need to be bonded in order to work for a bank for secuirty purposes

You do need to bonded to work for a house cleaning job. It looks better and you have a higher sucess rate of getting jobs.

No, you do not need a lawyer to become bonded, at least not in Ohio. When I owned and managed a maid referral service about 15 years ago, all I had to do to get the maids bonded was to contact an insurance company that handles such matters. Things could have changed in that amount of time, so I checked online; there are companies that do that for you, one of them being State Farm (I am not an agent for any insurance company; just a retired grandma).

Customer service skills are essential when working in a service industry position such as at a tanning salon. You will interface with clients daily, and will need to polite, professional, and friendly to maintain your client base.

If I have a business license for pet sitting, do I need to be bonded as well?

You should be bonded for housekeeping, however this is really for commerical and office parks cleaning. If you are only doing a few residental, then you do not need to be bonded.

You will need to apply for a license you can get most info at A bond you can purchase through an insurance broker.

Bonding is not required to be a notary.

I am, but if you need more ask again.

If you are asking about the repairing of a/c systems then yes you need to be both licensed and bonded for your protection.......

You need an education in the food service industry, experience, and a strong desire to work hard for little pay until you develop a good reputation.

To get bonded to oversee an estate, you will need to first have a background check through a bonding agency. You will pay a fee and you will need to have your credit checked. In some cases you will also need collateral for the bonding agency.

"While most states will not require you to be bonded to become a commercial cleaner, most businesses will not hire you unless you are. Being bonded is insurance that will protect both you and their business."

Bonding protects the customer against willful acts by the bonded person. If you work alone and do not intend on taking things that are not yours then the only reason to get bonded is if it will get you more or higher paying customers. Insurance on the other protects you from misfortune... like when you place the ladder on the sprinkler pipe and flood the basement.... Don't work a single day without insurance.

If you are starting your own small photography business you shouldn't need to be bonded. When you get larger (if you get large enough) you may wish to consider some sort of professional liability insurance, but I've never known of a professional photographer to be bonded or have such insurance. Good luck.

The problem sounds like the water pipe is not bonded to the ground wire of the distribution. These two wires should have a potential of zero between them once they are bonded together as per electrical code recommendations.This must be an older installation as nowadays most new water pipe installations use PVC to service a water supply to the home. In this case the PVC water supply pipe does not need to be bonded to the ground wire of the distribution service.

i need a "go to" service.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.