If you are living in Canada and have a Trinidad passport do you need a visa to travel to the US for a visit?

Where are you a citizen? If you are a Canadian citizen you must have a Canadian passport for entry into the US. If you are a citizen of Trinidad, you must have government approval from the government travel authority of Trinidad to enter the US, which means you would need to go back to Trinidad before traveling.