If you call child services on a family member do you get the child?

No, they usually go into the system, if warranted.

That's correct, but you can also go to family court to petition for custody. Or if the child has already been removed, get in touch with the court/attorneys/caseworker to make it be known that you would like to be considered as a resource for the child.