Associates Degrees
College Degrees
Graduate Degrees

If you go to the USA and do a 2 year Masters degree can you work full time while studying?

User Avatar
Wiki User
January 12, 2008 7:25AM

If you come into the US on a student visa (f1), no you cannot work at all. After the first year, there is a possibility you can obtain permission to work part-time (20 hours per week), however you would then have to explain why you need to work. This is because of the sponsorship papers that gave proof of the source and ability to pay tuition, fees, and living expenses when you first applied to the school. Now, there is also a possibility of working part or full-time for practical experience. Check this out with the foreign student adviser at the institution of interest.