Best Answer

theres some law that after 97 if you overstayed by that long than your banned from returning for 10 years...not super technical but...

User Avatar

Wiki User

2007-10-19 16:26:02
This answer is:
User Avatar
Study guides


16 cards

When did immigrants begin to come to America

What did Andrew Carnegie believe

What are the indigenous nomadic ethnic community of Ireland

What is a monopoly

See all cards
4 Reviews

Add your answer:

Earn +20 pts
Q: If you overstayed your visa by 4 years then married a us citizen but left the country could you still get the green card abroad or would you be better of trying to get back into the us again and try f?
Write your answer...
Still have questions?
magnify glass
Related questions

Can a married Filipino citizen marry someone else abroad?


Can a US citizen legally marry an Indonesian citizen on a tourist visa in the US if already married abroad?

No- that is considered bigamy.

Father an American citizen and mother is not child born in another country is the child an American citizen?

Yes, he will be treated as "US Citizen born abroad"

If a US citizen married a non UK citizen in the UK could they both become citizens of the UK?

No, it would be considered a marriage abroad.

If a US citizen married a foreigner abroad then what happens?

It depends on the country but you should be able to apply for a visa if you wish to stay in that country. For example, im here in japan and my buddy just married a Japanese girl and then was able to reply for and receive a 1 year working visa.

Do permanent residents need a special passport to travel abroad?

You need the passport of the country of which you are a citizen. You cannot have a US passport until you are a US citizen.

What are passports?

To quote the United States Department of State, "It is a document issued by a country to a citizen of that country, allowing that person to travel abroad and re-enter the home country."

What is the citizenship status of Americans who live abroad?

child born abroad of american citizen

Is Daniel Tosh a naturalized citizen US citizen or a US citizen born abroad?

he is a German born u.s. citizen

If you marry in another country can you come to America without getting citizenship?

No. Marrying a US Citizen abroad does not guarantee you legal entry to the US

Can you get a singaporean passport if you're born there and lived there for 8 years but are currently residing abroad- I have turned 18 since then?

It depends on which country you are a citizen of.

You were married abroad Do you need a US marriage license?

You are already married, you can't apply for a license. The US will recognize a valid marriage in another country.

People also asked