Law & Legal Issues
Child Support

If you sign over all parental rights in the state of Oregon and you live in Texas and never met the child will you have to pay child support?

User Avatar
Wiki User
May 21, 2007 4:45PM

Termination of parental rights is effective only after a court

approves it. If all you did was sign a document relinquishing

parental rights, but no court ever approved termination of parental

rights, you could still be required to pay child support.

Copyright © 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.