If you want to take someone to civil court how do you go on about it?

To take someone to civil court, you go to the clerk of the court and file papers. Then you get someone to serve papers on the person you want to take to court.


If you want to "take someone to civil court" you want to sue them. To instigate the proceedings, you should begin by researching the law in the area in which you are filing suit to determine what is necessary to include in the initial complaint or petition. You would then draft a legally sufficient complaint stating your claim. You file this with the court clerk in the appropriate jurisdiction, and arrange to have the defendant served with process. Upon service, the defendant has a limited time with which to respond. If he/she does respond, you would then begin preparing for trial. If there is no response, you would move for a default judgment against that person.