Child Support
Emancipation and Ages for Moving Out

If your husband's 17-year-old daughter is living with her boyfriend at college several hours away from her mother can you pay the remaining child support payments directly to the daughter?



User Avatar
Wiki User

I believe he needs to go to court and get that changed. What could happen is the Mother can claim he neglected to pay, and he would have to pay the Mother what he has already paid the daughter. If you call your local family law office, I'm sure they can answer that more in detail.