Best Answer

It's your viscous coupler. That part is located in the rear housing of your transfer case. Likely there is nothing wrong with the transfer case itself, these couplers are a wear item and do not last forever. Mine went at 203,000 miles. You can replace the coupler and avoid the cost of a new transfer case. It's possible to replace it with the transfer case still in the jeep, that's how I did mine. Or you can pull the whole unit if that's something you're comfortable with.

The replacement procedure isn't difficult but reaching the snap ring can be a bit tricky with the case in the truck.

User Avatar

Wiki User

โˆ™ 2007-08-01 18:25:35
This answer is:
User Avatar
Study guides

Add your answer:

Earn +20 pts
Q: In a 1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee LTD when you go to turn a corner the back tires skip and the front will not disengage what do you do?
Write your answer...
Still have questions?
magnify glass
People also asked