Associates Degrees
College Degrees
Bachelors Degrees

Is a bachelor's degree from DeVry the same as a bachelor's degree from a 4 year university?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2012-07-15 17:57:09
2012-07-15 17:57:09

A degree from schools like DeVry or Phoenix generally isn't considered to be as legitimate as one from a state school or other university.

User Avatar

Related Questions

I did not need a reference when I graduated from my undergrad program at DeVry and started my graduate program at Keller.

No, an Associates degree is a two year program while a Bachelors degree is normally a four year program. On a hierarchy scale, a Bachelors degree is preferable.

Yes you can, however you will need to complete your bachelors degree first.Yes you can, however you will need to complete your bachelors degree first.Yes you can, however you will need to complete your bachelors degree first.Yes you can, however you will need to complete your bachelors degree first.Yes you can, however you will need to complete your bachelors degree first.Yes you can, however you will need to complete your bachelors degree first.

The program of study at the associates level (two year degree) can be noted as liberals/journalism. The degree can be noted as an associates of arts degree (AA). At the bachelors level, typically it is noted as journalism which typically is a bachelors of arts degree (BA). I must say though, how they identify the degree, is up to the college or university. Not all identify it exactly the same.

It depends on the major you plan on taking at the four year institution. If you are remaining within the same field of study, then it is possible to complete the bachelors degree in two years, provided you take the degree as prescribed by the college or university.

There are associate, bachelors, and masters degrees in architecture. The masters degree is just a more advanced degree than the associate and bachelors degree in the same area.

If you are transferring within the same field, it typically takes two additional years provided you continue your program of study as prescribed by the college or university.

The exact same way someone without a bachelors degree does. With an application.

It really does not matter as long as the institution has a regional accreditation. If you are comfortable with the institution, and it meets your needs, wants, and desires, it will be fine.

If you took a transferable degree at the associates level, and are transferring to a college or university within the same program of study you completed at the associates level, then it should take an additional two years to complete the bachelors degree.

Yes they can. How many credits will transfer will depend on what you took your associates in, and what you intend to take your bachelors in. If it is within the same field, it should transfer well.

The words "college" versus "university" can be confusing......especially in the US, where they can mean different things, depending on the state and/or the school(s) in question.It would be nice if things in the US were more like they are in the UK, when it comes to the difference between "college" and "university." In the UK, the university is the large, overall institution; and then each of its constituent parts are called colleges... like the University of London system.And in that (University of London) system, there is no difference: a masters degree is a masters degree.Gratefully, despite the less-clear difference between "college" and "university" in the US, a masters degree, regardless which kind of institution issues it, is the same, from either. A masters degree is a masters degree. Period.In pretty much all cases, a "masters" degree consists of from, typically, 32 to 48 graduate semester credit hours, beyond a 120 undergraduate-semester-credit-hour "bachelors" degree.Though the credits are calculated differently in the UK, it's still the same: first a bachelors degree, and then a masters degree; and it matters, not, whether it's from a school that calls itself a "college," or one that calls itself a "university." In either case, it's post-secondary, graduate-level higher-education that's immediatelly beyond the post-secondary undergraduate bachelors degree.

They are both the same thing. In order to get a bachelor's degree you must go to school for 4 years. An associate's degree is only a 2 year degree and you receive an associate degree before you receive your bachelors degree. The only degree's that can out do a bachelors degree is a master's degree and a PHD.

An undergraduate degree is the same as a bachelor's degree. They both are the first three or four years of college or university.

If you are in a transfer program at the associates level, and transfer to a four year college or university within the same field, your credits should be awarded toward your bachelors degree. In other words, an associate in business (transfer program), to a bachelor's in business should transfer well. Thus, two years at the associates level, and two additional years at the bachelor's level.

Answer 1: It doesn't work that way. If one decides to get both, then one must get the associates first, and then the bachelors (and, actually, as you'll learn in a moment, the word "complete" should be in front of "the bachelors" in that sentence). However, one may also go straight for the bachelors, after which the associates is no longer an option. Let me explain...The associates degree is a two-year, 60-semester-credit-hour, lower-division academic credential which covers all the exact same kinds of courswork as is covered in the first two (freshman and sophomore) years of a four-year, 120-semester-credit-hour, lower- and upper-division bachelors degree.In fact, if one gets a two-year associates degree, then said associates degree is usually transferable into a four-year bachelors degree program, where it is usually counted as the entire first two (freshman and sophomore) years of the four-year bachelors degree; meaning that the transferee may then begin said four-year bachelors degree as a junior, and then complete just the junior and senior years and, voila!, s/he has earned (by "completion") his/her bachelors degree.At that point, s/he has earned two (2) degrees: His/her associates, and his/her bachelors... both of which may proudly be put onto his/her resume.The student who skips the two year associates, and enters the bachelors degree, instead, ends-up having to take the exact same amount of coursework, except that all four (freshman, sophomore, junior and senior) years are done in the bachelors program instead of the first two (freshman and sophomore) years being done in the associates program.So, then, as you can now see, once one has earned one's bachelors degree, then one has already taken all the coursework contained in the associates degree; and so, then, going back and earning an associates degree, once one has earned one's bachelors degree, is not an option.And the result, if one does all four years in the bachelors program (instead of the first two years in the associates program, and the last two years in the bachelors program), is that the person who does all four years in the bachelors program has only one degree to put on his/her resume. For that reason, alone, at least some kids go out of their way to get an associates degree first, and then transfer that into a bachelors degree, so that after they also finish their bachelors, they'll have two (2) degrees, rather than just one, that they can put on their resumes!Either way, though, the student takes exactly the same coursework over the four-year period. That's why some students just go straight into the bachelors program, and be done with it.So, then, bottom line: It's either associates, then bachelors; or straight to bachelors, and forget the associates. Take your pick; you'll do the exact same amount of work, and take pretty much the exact same courses, either way.

A certificate program does not meet the credit and course requirements of a degree. Thus, it is not the same as a college or university degree.

If the bachelors degree is in the same field of study, and you are in a transferable program at the associates level, it should take two additional years.

Go to University or College and take a bachelors of Arts or Science which specializes in Psychology. Then you attend the same or another Collegue or University to get a Master's degree, and then an other to obtain a PhD or Medical Degree. Psychiatrist can write medical prescriptions, whereas psychologists cannot. This is why Psychiatrist require significantly more scientific and medical education.

Medical laboratory technology is generally an associates degree and a Clinical laboratory Science is a bachelors degree.

Are you attending DeVry University? I just got this same exact question in my finance class there...

Follow degree holders will tell you that a degree is a degree. The accreditation organization assesses whether a degree program meets the highest standards, whether the degree is from University of Phoenix or Harvard: same education!

An associates degree takes approximately two years, and a bachelors four years as a full time student, and provided the student takes the degree as prescribed by the college or university. Both degrees are considered undergraduate degrees. If one already holds an associates degree in a transferable program within the same field of study, then the bachelors should only take an additional two years.

Yes. You can get as many degrees from different universities. All you have to do is go to whichever university you want the degree from and enroll in and pass all the classes required, then do the same thing at any other university you want a degree from.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.