Best Answer

No a work trailer would not be covered by your homeowners insurance. Anything used in a business is not covered under your homeowners insurance. A trailer to be attached to a vehicle would be covered for liability extended from whatever it is attached to but physical damage for the trailer itself would have to be purchased on a separate policy or a commercial fleet policy.

User Avatar

Wiki User

โˆ™ 2013-08-18 22:43:47
This answer is:
User Avatar
Study guides

Add your answer:

Earn +20 pts
Q: Is a work trailor cover by homeowners insurance?
Write your answer...
Still have questions?
magnify glass
Related questions

Will homeowners insurance not cover a child's stolen motorbike and only ATVs if they service the property?

you are correct homeowners will not cover a motorbike, that is a policy by itself. as for the ATV, it would have to be used for farm or other type work, not personal, to be covered on homeowners. again, ATV insurance is a policy of its own as well.

Will homeowners insurance cover cost of electric company work on adjoining property caused by downed tree on covered property?

Yes. But the electrical company's insurance co should cover it if they are at fault.

Does a homeowners insurance covers workmanship defects?

Homeowner insurance doe snot cover quality of workmanship provided by your builder. The builder would have his own Commercial policy to cover the contractors work. Most homeowners also purchase a Home Warranty for this type of loss.

Does homeowner insurance cover a contractors mistake?

The contractor should be bonded and carry liability insurance and you need to require proof of this before they start. Homeowners insurance is not meant to guarantee work on homes.

Does homeowners insurance pay your house payment if you cant work?


Does your farm bureau home owners insurance cover you if you are working in someone elses home?

Homeowners insurance policies are personal lines coverage and typically do not provide coverage for commercial or work related activities.

What is work cover?

Work cover is a compulsory insurance scheme. It is contributed by the Victorian employers. It provides businesses with insurance cover.

Does my homeowners insurance pay for your loss of pay when you fall in your own home and out of work?


Is a work trailer cover by homeowners insurance?

A trailer is not covered under a homeowners policy whether or not it is used for work. You need to purchase a seperate policy to cover this type of property for physical damage coverage. While it is being towed and attached to a vehicle the laibility coverage from the vehicle extends to the trailer so if you back it into someone's car the towing vehicle's liability insurance will pay for the damage done to the other person's car.

Does homeowners insurance cover skunk damage to duct work under your house. A skunk is not defined as a rhodent or varment?

Damage from animals is not a covered cause whether or not it is caused by a rodent or varmint.

Will homeowners policy cover damage to siding caused by improper installation of roof flashing where the roof shingles abut the siding?

Maybe, consult your agent or claims department and ask. Who did the work? If it was you most likely not. If it was a contractor, his insurance will cover you.

Does homeowners insurance covers damage done to a property by a hired person?

Generally no. Hired workers are not covered under a home insurance policy. Homeowners insurance policies do not cover "poor workmanship" But the contractor or repairman's Commercial Liability policy will cover if he damages your property or fails to perform repairs up to the standards that a reasonable person would expect. This is why you should always hire from established companies that you can verify are properly licensed and insured to perform the work.

People also asked