Law & Legal Issues

Is it a felony if a car payment has not been made in 3 years in FL and the car has been concealed but the car has now been voluntarily turned in?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2015-07-16 18:10:14
2015-07-16 18:10:14>2003->Ch0818->Section%2005#0818.05 Title XLVI CRIMES Chapter 818 SALE OF MORTGAGED PERSONAL PROPERTY; SIMILAR OFFENSES The 2004 Florida Statutes


818.01 Disposing of personal property under lien or subject to conditional sale.--

(1) Whoever shall pledge, mortgage, sell, or otherwise dispose of any personal property to him or her belonging, or which shall be in his or her possession, and which shall be subject to any written lien, or which shall be subject to any statutory lien, whether written or not, or which shall be the subject of any written conditional sale contract under which the title is retained by the vendor, without the written consent of the person holding such lien, or retaining such title; and whoever shall remove or cause to be removed beyond the limits of the county where such lien was created or such conditional sale contract was entered into, any such property, without the consent aforesaid, or shall hide, conceal or transfer, such property with intent to defeat, hinder or delay the enforcement of such lien, or the recovery of such property by the vendor, shall be guilty of a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.

(2) It shall be prima facie evidence of concealing, selling, or disposing of such personal property whenever the person owning the property at the time the lien was created, or who bought the same under such retained title contract, fails or refuses to produce such property for inspection within the county where the lien was created, or the property delivered, upon demand of the person having such lien, or retaining such title, after the debt secured by such lien has become enforceable, or the vendee has substantially defaulted in the performance of such retained title contract.

818.03 Removing such property beyond the limits of county.--Whoever shall knowingly and without the written consent of the person having such a lien thereon, as mentioned in s. 818.01, buy, take, receive or remove or cause to be removed beyond the limits of the county, any personal property subject to such lien from the owner or any person in possession thereof, and whoever shall willfully conceal such property or obstruct, delay or hinder such lienholder in prosecuting his or her rights against any of such property, shall be guilty of a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.

History.--s. 56, ch. 1637, 1868; RS 2477; s. 2, ch. 4142, 1893; GS 3357, RGS 5204; CGL 7318; s. 889, ch. 71-136; s. 1276, ch. 97-102.

818.05 Sale, concealment, or disposal of property held under contract or conditional sale; penalty.--

(1) No person who is in possession of any personal property under and by virtue of any contract or conditional sale or otherwise where the title to said personal property does not vest in the possessor, shall sell, conceal or dispose of such personal property without first having the written consent of the person then having or retaining the bona fide title to such personal property so to sell, dispose of, or conceal the same.

(2) Any person who shall violate the provisions of this section shall be deemed guilty of a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.

History.--ss. 1, 2, ch. 7860, 1919; CGL 7230, 7321; s. 891, ch. 71-136.


Related Questions

Yes, Some jobs don't want a felon working for them, my brother has felony charges and has been turned down numerous times. Yes.

If the case is 'appealed' the original ruling might possibly be over-turned.

It would look better on your record (For future loans) if you turned in the RV voluntarily.

Can you travel abroad if you have had a felony? If still on probation no. And depending on what country you travel to you might be turned away at customs. You should contact individual customs office prior to traveling or you may be turned away before you officially enter the country.

Not Likely as you will probably be turned down for financial aid as well.

Absolutely not. If its a federal felony no state can give them back. If its a Montana felony they will have to ask the court and there is a good chance their request will be turned down.

obviously you can that's on your permenent record as a felony but you have a good chance of removing it depending on the case and how many years its been. hope its been helpful..

For Adults:A felony conviction will remain on your criminal record for the rest of your life unless your conviction is over turned or exhonerated by the court or you successfully petition the court and show good cause for an expungement of the felony (very rare).. Juviniles that are convicted of a felony have their records sealed at age 18 unless they were tried as an adult in which case the felony charge remains on their adult record..

Wow... you're going to have to get off your a** and take them cash/check.

To get gas turned back on, any outstanding bill will need to be paid in full. The gas company may make payment arrangements and turn the gas back on.

Often they do the reference checks after offering you the job. The offer is contingent on your referrals being satisfactory. If you were upfront about the felony on your application, then you should expect that the job will come through. It goes without saying that having a felony record makes life difficult ever after.

Because that's the way your state legislature drafted the statute. Just because the offense turned out to be charged as a misdemeanor offense does not mean that the way it was designed to be carried out wasn't a felony, or that a misdemeanor offense could not have escalated into a felony.

I would say no, as long as your are not turning it back on after they have turned it off due to non-payment.

The bank/ loan co. will usually work out a payment plan with you or they willseek a judgment against you and try to garnish your wages(if you are working).The key to dealing with them is to get everthing in writing and to document they're dealings with you i.e. phone log,record their phone conversations with youetc.

mine was charged, i left the junker at the car dealership and when i finally got sick of paying for a car i hadn't touched for months, they repossessed something they had possession of.

You can buy as soon as you can afford it. If you expect to get a loan to do so, you may have trouble finding a loan company to do it.

If the collection agency did not accept your payment, the debt should be discharged from their control. You might need to contact an attorney to make sure these debts are removed from your credit report. If you are making payments to the company that sent you to collections, they will need to remove you from the collections agency.

the Prince turned into a frog and was very ugly then they all decided to die by taking antropine in a desperate attempt to flee the elevator in which the devil was concealed within the body of an old wo-MAN .

If You Have Had Your Loan Turned Over To A Collection Agency Then Your Payment Will Have To Be Paid To The Agency. Until An Agreement Is Reached By Both Parties. Or The Loan Is Paid Off. If This Has Not Happened, Set Down And Read Your Loan Contract. Then If In Doubt, Take This To Your County Attorney.

It will most likely be turned over to a collection agency. Then it will be reported to the credit bureaus which will make it difficult for you to get loans in the future.

after 180 days of non payment your account will be charged off and turned over to collection agency

Written agreements in Kentucky are long. They have 15 years to bring a case. And if it is a felony, there is no statute of limitations.

If the lender wins a lawsuit and is awarded a judgment, the judgment can be executed as a lien against real property owned by the judgment debtor, including the primary residence. In most states other ways of executing a judgment are, wage garnishment, bank account levy and the seizure and liquidation of non-exempt real or personal property belonging to the debtor.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.