Best Answer

What's holding the wall up then? You can get what's called an "old work" box the will use the wallboard as its support.

User Avatar

Wiki User

โˆ™ 2015-07-16 18:03:39
This answer is:
User Avatar
Study guides
See all Study Guides
Create a Study Guide

Add your answer:

Earn +20 pts
Q: Is it legal to place an outlet below a light switch in an old house with no studs in the walls?
Write your answer...
Related questions

Is it legal to install a outlet below the light switch or does it have to be located away from it?

It may depend on your state Electrical Code. Normally you need to mount an outlet, (bottom of outlet box) around 12 inches above the floor. It is perfectly ok to mount one below a light switch. There are different codes for bathrooms, kitchens, laundry rooms, and garages. Check your local codes to be sure.Your best bet is to check the National Electrical Code 2017 Handbook or ask Electrocution Lawyers PLLC at

Are switch blades legal in Australia?

yes, switch blades are illegal in Australia

What is the move called when you switch the queen and bishop in chess?

This is not a legal chess move in keeping with the rules of chess . You may be thinking of Castling ~ see related link below .

Are switch blades legal in Texas?


When was China Legal Publishing House created?

China Legal Publishing House was created in 1989.

Is a switchblade legal in Ny?

its not legal in ny if you bring it with you .If your at your house and leave it there then its legal.

Is it legal to switch a single exhaust to a dual?

it is legal to switch to dual pipes however depending on the county and or state your in make sure you check your emissions regs (smog)

What type of legal documents show ownership of a residential house?

The deeds of the house are the legal documents that show who the legal owners of a house are. These are usually kept at a bank or building society so they are secure.

Is it legal to carry a switch blade knife in Illinois?

No it is not.

Are switch blades legal in Rhode Island?


Legal word for house with outbuildings and land?

legal word for house with outbuildings and land is messuage

Is it legal to own a switch blade in California not carry one?

legal to own one but illegal to carry

Legal blade length in Illinois?

5" blade. Switch blades are legal, butterfly knives too.

What is the legal age a person can move out of their parents house in Kentucky?

The legal age to move out of your house with parental consent is 17

Is it legal to have 21 people in a house?

Depends on the size of the house.

Inherited a house with stipulations are they legal?

Stipulations may be legal depending on what they are.

Is it legal for a minor to move out of their parent's house?

No, 18 is the legal age to move out.

What is the legal age for a child to move out of legal guardians house in arizona?


Are switch blade knives legal in Arkansas?

Yes, all knifes are legal in Arkansas. They are no longer known as weapons in Arkansas.

Where are switch blades legal?

Check out the related link at the bottom of the page.

Can you get a legal separation and still live in same house?

yes you can get a legal seperationa dn still live in the same house. I know many people that do.

Who is the legal owner of a terraced house chimney and who is responsible for its repairs?

The owner of the house.

Is it legal to carry a switch blade knife or automatic knife in Arkansas?

It is legal, but it has to be less than 3 and 1 half inches

What is the legal blade length in Pennsylvania to carry?

pretty much any blade is legal as long as its not switch blades or has an automatic release

How many states is weed legal?

See below-