Financial Support For Pregnant Teens
There are many programs to help pregnant teens. There is the department of human services, wic, which is at your local health department. You can try churches. Your township might help, too. Every town has their own individual programs, you just might have to look harder to find them. If you have a pregnancy center or a food pantry in or around your town they might be able to tell you more programs and refer you to some. Don't give up. It's always a blessing when you have a child. You will always need to remember that is the most valuble gift you can get in life and you will be ok if you try.
Read on for more advice and comments from Wiki s contibutors:
- I am 15 years old and im 23 weeks pregnant my family is helping me and is so exited but they werent at first!I know theres WIC but i don't think im even elegible for it because my family might make too much money but really we don't....with the cost of food lately its expensive to go to the store even if u watch what ur buying. It costs my family about 250$ at the store when we get everything we need. And we don't even have that much for that. We have like 100$ ha and with 5 ppl in ur family its hard...plus no clothes and im gettin bigger i cant fit into mine ne more i was wearin extra smalls now im in mediums almost larges its hard...i need money for my child i cant even get a job cause im 15 no one will hire me and even if i was 16 or older i probably couldn't get a job ne way cause barely anyones hiring since the economy is so bad and they cant affford it. well im done here but im glad i made the decission to keep my baby girl but its gonna be hard on money!
- If the father isn't around, child support is usually enforced if you are requiring assistance with local and state human resources
- The only financial support pregnant teens should receive is the support from the father of the child. A child is the mothers responsibility, not the mothers parents, or the government but the mother alone and if you make the decision to keep your child then you should raise your child. You may struggle but whatever doesnt kill you will just make you stronger in the end.
- Yes there are financial support for teen mothers. Muh friend is on one now called WIC. And they give her coupons to go to the store and getr diapers babyfood and wat u need to take care of ur baby.
- Contact the DFS in your city or county. They will assist you in finding medical care, WIIC, and if needed living arrangements. There are also agencies to aid in a teen finishing their education, job training and placement, child care expenses and so forth. It takes TWO people to "make" a baby. You will need to name the father, so the state can, if possible recover some of the expenses and if the circumstances warrant begin the legal process of obtaining a child support order.
- I'm changing this entire answer. I am 19 years old and just recently learned that I have become pregnant. I continue to hear this recurrent theme throughout these answers - "Keep it in your pants". Well, you know what, if your mothers and fathers had "kept it in their pants", perhaps you wouldn't be here. I'm going through one of the most difficult times in my life, and "keep it in your pants" is not helping me through it. Perhaps if you all dropped your fundamentalist agendas for a moment, you'd see that YOUR CRITICISM is that which is making the abortion rates skyrocket. Personally, I don't know if there is financial support out there for pregnant teenagers, in fact, that's what I came here to find out. However, for the pregnant teenagers visiting this site, I feel your hardships, and I trust that you will not take the testimony of these ignorant people to heart.
- Forget all those people telling you to keep in their pants because honestly they know nothing. I am 16 years old and found out i am 7 weeks pregnant. Well when I finally told my parents my mom took me to dshs and i now have medical and i have an appointment with WIC and they will give me milk, juice, ceral, chesse and other food..If you havent looked it up find a local WIC office and go to your local dshs if you need medical or food stamps or financial help. I know what you are going through with people saying "keep it in your pants" and i hate that because it's like they have no compassion at all and i also believe that's a reason so many people have abortions. i really hope everything works out for you goodluck
- First off, i'd like to say that I am 17 years old and will be 18 next month and is 10 weeks pregnant. For all you judgemental people out there, who are you to judge others. Mistakes happen just like everyone in here are human. Stop acting like you or anyone you know didnt have a child as a teenager. Some may be able to do more than others. The whole point is that the situation is at hand. There is always an alternative (referring back to the question). There is WIC, public housing, child support, etc. So ignore those losers and keep your baby. Just go online and do some research. Talk to an adult whom you trust and they can help. Good luck on your decisions and remember, who cares what others think. It's your situation and you must deal with it not them. You don't owe anyone of them so keep your head up and do what you have to do.
- I am 16 and I will be 8 months next week. There are a couple of things you nee to think about. First of all let me say that I do not encourage any more posts like the one above mine. It is very immature and I am sure she was still in shock when she wrote it. Angry posts like that just ake us pregnant teens look worse. So here is what I can tell you. You can get WIC, it is very easy to get. If you are not married to the father than you are the child's mother and they will take your income..even if you don't have any. You can not, however, get food stamps. You hae to be 18. You may also be eligable for free health insurance...just go apply the worst thing they can do is say no, and if they do than you can figure it out from there. I very much encourage you to keep your baby, I am also having a girlans after carrying her this long I have fallin in love with her. Honetly my opinion is abortion is just straight up wrong, and as far as adoption, if you were big enough to lay down and have sex than you are big enough to do what it takes to take care of YOUR child.