The pregnancy topic is for questions regarding the nine-month development of the fetus inside the mother's womb.
Can you still get pregnant with tubes tied and burned?
Yes there is a slight chance
How can you tell if you are pregnant and how soon after sex can you find out?
- The most accurate and reliable way is to take a pregnancy test. You can either buy one from the supermarket or drug store or get the doctor to do one. You can take one 3 weeks after sex.
- Doctors say home pregnancy tests are not at all reliable until 7-14 after conception.
- An HPT (home pregnancy test) is recommended 4 days before your period is due, some on the market now are more sensitive up at 15-20 IUL. To make sure you get an accurate result, it's best to wait until you are closer to your period or till you are at least a day late. A blood test can be taken and be accurate as soon as 6 days after fertilization.
- Tests are different and women are different.
- Early pregnancy tests can now be taken 5-4 days before period should start. If you don't know when you start your next period but you know when you had unprotected intercourse take the test 19 days after sex. If you don't know when you had unprotected sex but you know when your next period should due take the test a week after your period was supposed to start (but it didn't). If you don't know either of them wait 45 days after the first day of your LAST menstrual period.
- However, the tests are MOST accurate around when your period is already 10-15 days late. Before this time you MAY get a FALSE negative result.
- I had a BIG FAT POSITIVE on the morning my period was supposed to come. My friend didn't test positive until a week after.
- Every women is different and we all conceive and have implantation at different times.
- The first time you miss a period, you should go and take a pregnancy test.
- I have taken a pregnancy test 4 days before my period was due. I tried 2 different tests. One type one day and the other type the next day and they both came out positive. It just depends on the test and how sensitive it is but I will be taking another one the day my period is due just to make sure.
- It's best to take a test 3 weeks after you had unprotected sex, but that's probably with a cheap pregnancy test because they are less sensitive and need higher levels of the pregnancy hormone to give a positive result. To get an accurate result you should work out when your next period is due and then you can take it the day after a missed period. If your period comes that day, you're not pregnant unless it's implantation bleeding, which is much lighter than a normal period.
- As above, it can depend on the test, some of the cheaper ones are not good and a waste of money. I would recommend 'Clearblue' or 'First Response'.
- I think it's best to wait until you've missed your period before you even bother buying a test or just go to your doctors surgery and ask them to do a test.
Can you have periods while pregnant?
Yes you can my mom did while she was pregnant with me and had NO complications however It can mean Miscarriage if there is Obsessive Bleeding even if its not "Obsessive" bleeding i would recommend going to your OBGYN.
How long does it take to find out you're pregnant?
It takes about a month. If you read the pregnancy test it says that the month after you think you conceived is when you can test yourself, and the result will probably be more definite.
A pregnancy test will give an accurate result 3 weeks after sex.
14 weeks after intercourse is the most accurate date for determining pregnancy with a home pregnancy test.
How long does it take to find out if you are pregnant?
A pregnancy test will give an accurate result 3 weeks after sex.
You keep getting a shooting pain in your lower abdomen on the right side?
Your appendix is probobly not working properly so I would check out a docter
If your test is negative and you have your period can you still be pregnant?
Period delay isn't a definite sign of pregnancy. Lots of things can cause a period to be late. I am normally a very regular person and I have been late the last two months.
If you are still unsure, take a home pregnancy test and find out for sure.
In the first couple of weeks-you can experience a multitude of symptoms such as light-headedness, nausea, sore breasts, more than normal vaginal discharge, sensitivity to smell, period-like cramping, light spotting also known as "implantation bleeding", heartburn, gas, constipation, metallic taste in mouth, darkening of nipples and the list goes on. Some women experience symptoms as early as the first two weeks-others don't get any symptoms-and most feel symptoms starting at about the time of their missed period. There are a huge number of signs and symptoms that can tip you off that you might be pregnant! Of course the only way to know for sure is a positive pregnancy test (around 12-14 days past ovulation). But for all of us who are trying to conceive it is hard not to speculate about every sign!
Hormone levels increase dramatically even in very early pregnancy, which is the main source of all pregnancy symptoms. Some women will experience symptoms as early as implantation (6-12 days past ovulation) and others will only start to experience symptoms around their expected period, and others don't notice any difference until they are about 6 weeks pregnant.
You could have a cyst on your ovaries.
The pregnancy tests aren't always accurate, so I would talk to my doctor if I were you.
Can you get pregnant after stopping Depo-Provera before your next period starts?
Give your body a chance to recover. Expecting a period within the first month is a little optimistic if you haven't had a period for three years! The depo shot "switches off" your body's normal hormone producing ability and you need to give yourself time to get it back. Of course it is possible you are pregnant - after all some women can get pregnant straight away.
Here are answers and opinions from WikiAnswers contributors:
- Yes, you can get pregnant if you did not get a Depo Provera birth control shot, even if your period hasn't regulated itself yet. I was on Depo for four years, and it took five months for my period to regulate after I stopped taking the shot. You are able to get pregnant, so be careful.
- I was due to have Depo injection on December 10 2004. I did not go for the injection because I am trying for a baby with my husband. My husband and I had sex between 27th of January and 10th of February. Two weeks later I had a strange period with a lot of cramping. After 3 weeks I started having all pregnancy symptoms. I had two home pregnancy test come back negative. Now I am 8 weeks pregnant. I felt pregnant 6 weeks after stopping Depo and without period.
- If you ovulated, yes.
- i was due to have the shot on 22 January -and 22 April but i did not go for it me and my boy friend was trying for a baby and now we are having baby
How soon can I find out if I'm pregnant or not?
You can take the test 10-14 days after sex.
14 days after intercourse or the day of your expected period.
Your symptoms of pregnancy will usually appear anywhere from the first week of your expected period to 1-2 weeks after your first week of expected period. Your first signs of pregnancy most commonly include missed period, tender/swollen breasts, change in color of the breasts, fatigue, nausea/vomiting, increased sense of smell, and weight gain.
Here is a link to a website that will calculate the probability of your pregnancy: http://www.thepregnancytest.com/
To ensure the best results for a home pregnancy test:
- Take the test in the morning, if possible, because your hCG (pregnancy hormone) levels are at it's highest
- Don't drink a bunch of fluids before taking the test because it will dilute your urine and can affect the results
- Take the test no more than 1 day before expected period. Although some test say that you can see results up to 5 days before your missed period, the percentage of accuracy is very low. OR 14 days after intercourse (sex).
- urinate for as long as possible on the foam-like strip
- Check the results in the window frame of time suggested by the instructions of the pregnancy test.
Either two weeks after intercourse or:
According to the ClearBlue pregnancy test accuracy results they are:
4 days before expected period= 51% accurate
3 days before expected period= 82% accurate
2 days before expected period= 90% accurate
1 day before expected period =95% accurate
the day of expected period =99% accurate
Usually two weeks after intercourse.
2 weeks after you had sex at the earliestAnswerMost women don't find out they are pregnant until they are at least a month pregnant because that is when they miss their period. Most home tests can't be taken until after a missed period also.
How do you know if you are pregnant if you are on Depo-Provera?
If you are referring to the depo shot, many women have very light to no periods while on it. Chances of getting pregnant are very slim but the only way to know if you are is if you take a pregnancy test especially if you start having other than the missed period pregnancy symptoms such as nausea, frequent urination, tender breasts, increase in appetite, etc.
How soon can you hear a baby's heartbeat?
The baby's heart beat can be seen on an ultrasound at around 7 weeks, and if you are very slim MAY be heard on a Doppler from 9 or 10 weeks. Here is more advice and input: * Most Heartbeats can be heard by 15/16 weeks. * My doctor wasn't able to hear my babies until I was about 3-4 months pregnant. * It is most generally possible to begin to hear the baby's heart beat at the beginning of your second trimester, however sometimes it is possible to hear it a couple of weeks before or after these dates as well. It most likely depends on the size of the baby and how quickly it is growing in each individual person. I personally heard my baby's heart beat the first time at 14 weeks with my first, 13 weeks with my second and 10 weeks pregnant with my current pregnancy. * You can start to hear the babies heartbeat through ultrasound as soon as 6 weeks into your pregnancy! A Doppler can start to pick up a heartbeat at around 10-14 weeks into your pregnancy. A stethoscope can be used to hear the baby's heartbeat late in the pregnancy. * If you have an early scan it can be seen from about 6 weeks. If listening with a Doppler and you are very slim sometimes (not always) it can be heard from about 8 weeks. A midwife listening with a Pinard can hear it from about 22-24 weeks. * You may be able to see it on an ultrasound at about 7 weeks but unless you are very thin you won't be able to hear it with a Doppler until about 10 weeks, possibly later. Until 12 weeks the uterus is still in the pelvis and the heart is very small and the machine has to be pointed directly at the heart so the sound is reflected, unlike a microphone. * I heard my baby's heart beat at almost eight weeks and it was very strong :) I think everyone is just different it depends largely on your specific pregnancy
Can I be pregnant if my period was 37 days ago?
yes there is possibility. It's just best that you go to the doctor and get checked out that's the first step and maybe you should take a pregnancy test it's better to know than not to know.
What should you avoid eating while pregnant?
Fish is a great and healthy food to have while pregnant! Its a simple matter of what TYPE of fish to avoid like the large salt water fish that contain high levels of mercury. Fresh water fish like trout, catfish, fish sticks, flounder, salmon, craoker, and haddok are ok to eat. Tuna can be eaten in moderation (one serving a week). Large fish like shark, tile fish, swordfish, tuna steaks, sea bass, Halibut and other LARGE saltwater fish are known to contain high levels of methyl mercury, a substance that can potentially cause neurological damage when consumed in large amounts. Farm-raised trout and catfish, Pacific salmon, and fish sticks are safe. Shellfish (shrimp, crawfish, crab, etc)are also fine to eat while pregnant. Remember that all of these are to be well cooked, not raw or smoked.
Other foods to avoid are-
-Raw eggs (Caesar salads and eggnog!!!)
-Soft cheeses, including Brie, Camembert, Mexican-style, and any other cheese that may be made with inadequately pasteurized milk, can harbor Listeria.
-Do not drink raw milk, or eat foods that contain unpasteurized milk.
-Unwashed fruits & vegetables
-Foods & drinks that contain caffeine (limit or avoid!) tea, coffee, and colas
-Saccharin (NutraSweet is preferable)
- Liver should be avoided whilst pregnant (including all pate) as is contains a high level of Vitamin A which can be very harmful to your unborn baby.
Anemia is common during pregnancy so you could look for other ways of increasing your vitamin A levels - remember to take your folic acid supplement!. Peanuts are also a healthy snack and should only be avoided if you are allergic to them.
What does early pregnancy discharge look like?
I dont know about everyone else but, when I was pregnant (at what must have been 4-5 weeks) it felt like my period was going to come at any time. Kept waiting.... And at about 4 days- 1 week after I had been excpecting my period, I got a positive pregnancy test. In the weeks before, and leading up to this point, I had the same type of cervical mucus you would expect before you got your period. Also my cervix was low for a good week or two (Like my period was coming) before it finally went up and stayed there at about 5 weeks pregnant. From there on I had cervical mucus you would get while you are ovulating or turned on. Also some other symptoms I had that may not be common, but were noticed very early in my pregnancy were;
* An impending feeling of getting your period soon.
* An annoyingly runny nose.
* Bubbly feeling in my stomach, (towards the top by your sternum) kind of like when your really hungry and just drank some really carbonated soda.
* Very tired.
* Irrationally moody and snappy for no obvious reason.
* The general feeling of maybe being pregnant.
* Very thirsty! All the time.
* Having to urinate more often.
* I had slightly sore nipples this time. In the first pregnancy they hurt really bad though. They also feel very heavy and big pretty early on.
Slight skin changes. For example: Breaking out and dry skin early on then nice smooth perfect complexion after about the 7th week on.
Is feeling bloated an early symptom of pregnancy?
Yes, bloating can be a symptom of pregnancy.
Here is advice and input from others:
- I have a situation similar to yours. I have started what I think is my period. I spotted yesterday and then during the evening yesterday it progressed to more of a period. It still is not the normal color my periods are. Anyway, I have been feeling very bloated. You could still be pregnant. Every woman's body is different. That's why it's so frustrating to look online and read one article that says you cannot have your period while pregnant, than another that says you can "spot" while pregnant, and THEN another that says you CAN have your period and still be pregnant. Pregnancy varies with every woman. I hope if you wish to be pregnant, you are. :)
- Yes. I am 16 dpo and I have been bloated since 9 dpo.
- During my first couple weeks of pregnancy i was feeling really bloated and really full after i would eat a meal. that is not like me at all! but now that i am in my 2nd month, i love eating food but i have to watch out for my baby. every once in a blue moon i feel after eating food, but it is usually something that doesnt agree with my stomach.
- Bloating was my first sign and it came really early on. I noticed when I layed on my stomach... I felt a pooch. Also my jeans obviously fit tighter too.
- Yes! It is definitely a symptom! During my last pregnancy that was the sign that convinced me I was pregnant (before my period was due, before I took a pregnancy test). It started before my period was due and lasted several months! Because of all the bloating I looked 5 months pregnant from the beginning! :)
- * I'm on what i think, is my period. It isn't a normal period, I'm not bleeding much, and it isn't the normal color. I also have very bad bloating! sorry TMI lol. I also have horrible diarrea and have been getting lightheaded out of nowhere. i read on the internet that that's a sign too? but not sure what to think, help me out?
What should you eat while pregnant?
Consult with Gynaecologist, Meet Dr. Sheela Chhabra, she is one of the best Gynaecologist & high risk pregnancy specialist at Pushp Clinic Indore. Call: +91 9977646587
Is porridge good for weight loss?
Depends on which one we are talking about. There are many healthy ones and for breakfast it's excellent. You can eat it with a mashed apple and cinnamon or fresh berries. As always it's good to have a mixed diet. Bad carbs and simple sugars should be avoided. Most low G.I., processed or refined carbohydrates are referred to as "Bad Carbs" . The type of cereal that can assist with weight loss would be low G.I. cereals, (takes longer for the body to digest - hence a fuller for longer feeling), a common example of this would be oat cereals, whole grain cereals,etc.
What does it mean to dream a baby is peeing?
This dream most likely caused by pressure in the bladder, and is an effort of the mind to awaken the dreamer to use the toilet.
What does it mean when you dream your baby shower?
This is a wish fulfillment dream in which the subconscious mind creates a pleasant story for the dreamer to enjoy.
Can anemia effect a pregnancy test?
Pregnancy tests measure the level of beta-HCG, a hormone present during pregnancy. This can be tested for in blood or, more commonly, in urine. A low hemoglobin in your blood will not affect this reading in either case.
How long should you bounce on a ball to get your water to break?
DO NOT DO THAT!!! that could be very dangerous for the baby's health. The water will break when it's time. If it breaks too early it could be detrimental to the baby.
How can you tell if your mom is pregnant?
if your mom is having a baby she probably will be hungry allot so you will eat out allot then after 4 months she will buy lots of cloths and new things for the baby so on then also she will buy ma-be a new car or house to make room there is no reason to get mad over it but the baby may get more acttion than u and more gifts the most u can do is be happy later the baby will start to need about 8 diapers or more a day your mom may be sleepy allot so ma be over the weekend u can help her and make bottles and change the Dipper make sure that u can give your mom 9 hours of sleep on Fridays and sat.. so u don't go to school those days and she is rested it not your mom may start to get mad or so so make sure she has at least a 2hr naps on monday Friday when you come home from school let her have sleep and you could baby sit Ur brother or sister those are a couple of things you could do to help your mom
Does smoking weed effect a pregnancy test?
Although smoking weed is obviously bad for your baby, it will not affect a pregnancy test.
Why are midwives called midwives?
It comes from Middle English: mid = "with" and Old English: wif = "woman".