It depends on who is doing the discharging. In the United States, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) regulates waste water discharge under the Clean Water Act. Other countries will have their own regulations.
Unfortunately, the law is not always followed. If you have any questions or complaints you should contact your local authorities.
It is termed as affluent. These effluents must be treated before sending to the water bodies or arable land mass.
For common waste water treatment process start from filtration of garbage then go through coagulation and flocculation and sedimentation to remove suspense solid. The pretreated water then go through the biological treatment which could be an aerobic treatment or anaerobic treatment. The effluent would go through final filtration - sedimentation before discharge. For a specific waste water treatment, it may involve neutralization, electrodialytic or absorbent to separated out specific contamination such as heavy metal.
A basket that strains waste water from going down a waste line
Water and waste
What is the waste matter discharged from our body
treated before it is used
Water pollution occurs when contaminants are released into the water body such as the ocean or rivers. The water mainly occurs when we discharged untreated sewage or waste into the water. The main causes of water pollution are industrial wastes, house hold waste and chemicals. The used water of a community is called waste water or sewage. If it is not treated before being discharged into waterways, serious pollution is the result. Water pollution also occurs when rain water runoff from urban and industrial areas and from agricultural land and mining operations makes its way back to receiving waters (river, lake or ocean) and into the ground.
No, waste water requires much more complex cleaning.
Most water flows through rivers. Sewage is usually treated, by digestion of the organic matter by microorganisms, followed by allowing the sludge to settle before it is discharged to rivers or the sea. When the amount of water exceeds the capability of the sewage plant to treat it, raw sewage is discharged to sea. This can be done safely if a long enough pipe is used, and beaches are closed for a period after the discharge.
They are three types of waste water 1. Industrial waste water 2. Black water (Toilets) 3. Grey water (Domestic waste water) Out of those Black water is not treated and the remaining two are treated. Waste water is 99.9% pure and the remaining 0.1% constitute all the waste. While salt water is 95% pure. If we develop a suitable technology we can pure that waste water and can reuse . But up to date Grey water is cleaned by no of processes and the purified water is used for Gardening and Toilet flush
( Only if it goes into a main sewer ). First, the solids are removed by filters and settling tanks. Then, the liquid is oxygenated to remove bacteria. When it is around 90% pure (pure enough to drink), it is discharged into the local water course to be used again or else it would make its way into the sea.
they are treated with strong UV rays, then the good bacteria kills germs in it so it will be safe to drink.LOL :)
I guess you mean "treated." Only 15% of waste water is treated. The remaining is reused in irrigated agriculture, including alfalfa, barley, wheat and corn.