This is a problems with the Starter. I have a similar problems and resplace the starter and it fixed the problems. Car is old, recommend go to junkyard and but use Starter.Answerwhy not check to see if there is gas delivered to the fuel injectors, see if the electrical system is delivering to the spark plugs, see if the air cleaner is clogged, or maybe the timing chain is in need of replacement.
Check the knock sensor. I have a 96 and the car will turn over but not start sometimes. I took it to get looked at and they said that the knock sensor was bad which causes it to misfire on the ignition sequence. Hope that helps!
Could be the knock sensor, but on my car (same type) it was a sensor in the distributor. I just replaced the distributor.
Let me debunk the previous answers here.
1. If the engine turns over, then the starter is fine.
2. The knock sensor will not interfere with the engine firing. The knock sensor senses the predetonation of the fuel mixture as the vehicle is running. Even if the sensor was bad the engine would still run, it just wouldn't adjust the timing to prevent predetonation of the fuel mixture.
3. Could possibly be fuel related. Locate the fuel rail on the backside of the engine, above the intake manifold. You will find a valve cap, similar to those on you tires. Remove this cap. Crank the engine over a few times, this will pressurize the fuel system. If you depress the valve underneath the cap, fuel should spray out. If it does this indicates that the fuel pump is working correctly.
4. Check the spark plugs. Either use an appropriate spark checker, or remove a plug and ground it to the engine with the plug wire still attached. Have an assistant turn the engine over, check for spark.
5. Unless you have the air intake completely covered and sealed, the engine should still start even with the dirtiest of air filters.
6. To check the timing chain, remove the distributor cap and have an assistant turn the engine over. If the rotor button turns, then the timing chain is working well enough that it should start the vehicle. Its possible that it may have jumped time, but I feel that the engine not starting is a simpler fix than the timing chain.
Do mother birds really abandon their chicks if a human touches them?
How old is Danielle cohn?
What are peoples passwords on roblox?
What's the most outdated thing you still use today?
Is Nicki Minaj's number 6789998212?
Which is greater 0.6 or 0.60 explain?
What is the answer to DICE DICE hidden meaning puzzle?
How many times can 50 go in 300?
What was Play-Doh originally made for?
What's the "Bastille" in Bastille Day?
If you could make one change to the education system, what would it be?
Is it safe to take a shower during a thunderstorm?
Why is the clock tower in London called Big Ben?
Why don't satellites crash into earth?
Where is the origin of the Panama hat?
Have you ever crashed a wedding or had your wedding crashed, if so what happened?
Which action will raise an exception?
What is the name of Lavanya in devyani serial?
How can solidarity bind the rich and poor?
What is the weight of one crore Indian rupees for a 500 note?
Where is a single element of data stored?
What criteria do you apply to judge the merits and demerits of an average?
BA-4 Why must a personal water craft operator follow U.S. Coast Guard rules and regulations?