Chevy 350
The Moon

On a 350 can you replace all the pushrods rockerarms at the same timeand if so how would you set the valves?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2005-12-26 20:40:43
2005-12-26 20:40:43

Yes,you can.Replace them all.Make sure that they have oil all over them.then all you do is get motor to DTC and set the the lash following valve adjustment.


Related Questions

the intake pushrods are shorter of the 2, all intake valves you can see with the intake off those pushrods go there, the rest are exhaust pushrods install in remaining holes

the main difference is a two stroke has oil mixed into the gas weather it is oil injected or pre mixed(adding oil to gas yourself). a two stroke has no intake or exhaust valves,no pushrods,or rockerarms. intake and exhaust into the combustion chamber in done through the sides of the cyllinder walls.

The pushrods in a 3.1L are different lengths. The intake pushrods are shorter than the exhaust pushrods. That's really half the story right there. You will need to know which valves are for intake and which are for exhaust. While looking at the head you will see the the valve springs assemblies are at differing heights. The ones that appear highest on the head are your intake valves, the ones appearing lowest are your exhaust valves. to be exact the intake pushrods are approx. 5 and 3/4 inches long, exhausts are 6 inches, on 3.1

valves,valve pushrods or lifters are the most common causes.

Is this for a 3.1 or 3100 V6? If so, the short push rods are for the intake valves.

There are a total of 12 pushrods on a GM 3.1 V6 engine from 94 through 2005. 6 are 5 & 3/8 the other 6 are 5 inches. They are for intake and exhaust pushrods. The best way is to install them and place them back where you took them off but if you didn't you will have to install them back and observe that the pushrods that are in a slight angle are the long ones. The short ones are straight down. You should always place your lifters, pushrods and valves where you took them off but I know that many people make mistakes since we are humans. Also look at your cylinder heads and see where the intake and exhaust valves are.

The exhaust pushrods are slightly longer than the intakes. To locate where to put the shorter intake pushrods look in the bores in the cylinder heads where the intake manifold lines up and you'll see the intake valve. Simply place all the short pushrods where you see the intake valves and you should be able to find where to install the rest.

1. Overhead Camshaft: The camshaft (or camshafts depending on the design employed) is located above the valves within the cylinder head, and operates either indirectly or directly on the valves.2. Cam-in-block: The camshaft is located within the engine block, and operates directly on the valves, or indirectly via pushrods and rocker arms. Because they often require pushrods they are most often called pushrod engines.3. Camless: This layout uses no camshafts at all. Technologies such as solenoids are used to individually actuate the valves.

Artificial heart valves replace natural valves that have begun to fail to work properly.

this is a mechanics job you have to remove inlet manifold,exhaust manifolds,and then remove heads to replace the valves

Repair or replace the oil pump, or replace the valves, if the oil pump is working properly.

You can't adjust valves, all you can do is clean or replace them.

There is no valve adjustment on that engine. If you have noise coming from the valve train you probably have worn parts such as camshaft, lifters, pushrods, rocker arms and valves.

Replace the bent valves and inspect the pistons & head for damage. Replace and repair as necessary any defective parts.

The piston(s), the valves, the pushrods, and the rocker arms in an overhead-valve configuration all go up and down proportionally to the engine's turning speed.

A camshaft is driven by a linkage from the crankshaft, and operates your valves; directly in an OHC setup, and via pushrods otherwise. Cam "follower" is just an updated "roller bearing" for a camshaft.

replace the hydraulic tappets in the rocker arms, valves are non adjustable.

It was a lubricant in gas for the valves of your engine...If you are now using unleaded you will have to replace them with hardened valves or they will burn up.

Well...kind of. There's a recess in the cam follower (which is way inside your engine) that accepts one end of the pushrod and a recess in the rocker that accepts the other end. Pushrods are the same at both ends. So... Start by rolling the pushrod on a flat surface. If it won't roll, it's bent and you need a new one. Stick the pushrods into their holes, then install and torque the rocker arm. Adjust your valves, install the valve cover and you're done.

Have the timing checked and adjusted by a mechanic. you may have to replace the lifter valves if they are getting stuck

Pigskin handbags and shoes. Pig heart valves (to replace faulty human heart valves).

The intake and exhaust pushrods are different lengths. If you mix them up you can cause bent valves upon the first crank which would cause a no compression condition.

First of all, They DO NOT TORQUE. If I told you how to adjust the valves you would just get confused. You need to get a chiltons book and follow the directions on how to adjust the valves. If you did torque are adjust / tighten the valves all the way down then you have probley bent a push rod are a valve. Rocker arms that are too loose will clatter, and you won't have all the lift of the cam opening up the valve. Rocker arms that are too tight can bend pushrods, hold the valves open, and bottom out the springs.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.