Should a parent with partial physical custody and joint legal custody pay child support?

It you have an income then yes. You want the best for your child. The Friend Of the Court can help you in this matter to get a fair child support amount. You need to gather your W-2 and other income and so does the other parent. Then they have a formula that will determine the amount usually 30% on the high side for the total income given.