Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2004-07-01 11:40:08
2004-07-01 11:40:08

That is the only course of action you can take.


Related Questions

Depends on the state as far as I am aware but I think for the most part you are screwed if they are here illegally at least. If they are just uninsured but live here sue them and all should be fine... As long as you have there name and plate of course.... * You are never in the right to hit a parked vehicle nor rear end a car. FactPalooza.Com Interesting Facts. Thank You

Several things can happen. Allowing you parked legally other than insurance: the person who hit your parked car is responsible to pay damage. If you were parked on private property the lack of insurance means nothing. If you were parked on a public road or public parking lot you could be on the hook for a ticket for uninsured vehicle, but the other guy should pay anyway. Don't admit to driving with out insurance!

From the rear, front, and left side. If approaching a vehicle from the right side while parallel parked it means you've parked illegaly facing on coming traffic.

Of course it seems like the moving vehicle is. They should have left a note if they were an individual with morals and who would'nt like that to be done to them. ADDITIONAL INFO: Though each accident is handled on a case by case basis, generally the operator of the moving vehicle would be at fault, however instances where a vehicle is illegally parked or grossly impeding traffic may warrant further investigation. In such cases it would be possible to make a case for the illegally parked vehicle be at fault. In such a case of an illegally parked vehicle the owner of the vehicle, even if not deemed at fault, would more than likely at least receive a citation. If such action occurred, then it would be easier for the operator of the moving vehicle, even though they were determined to be at fault, to make a case that if the illegally parked vehicle were not illegally parked in the first place then the accident would have never happened.

this is tricky, dependant on the state are driving an uninsured vehicle, you have insurance on another vehicle of your own, you get into an accident that is your fault...the owner of the vehicle is a passenger in the car and is injured...your policy should step in and cover this uninsured vehicle (assuming you have collision coverage on your policy) you chose to drive, (doesn't matter you didn't know it was uninsured) and if your neglience resulted in this passengers injuries your policy will likely pay for their injury subject to any exclusion in the policy.....sorry.....

A safe distance, there is no defined limits of this type as driving near parked cars is situational (at best).

regardless of whom is insured or not, the 'negligent' or liable party is responsible for the damage or 'to make whole' the injured (this means damage to vehicle as well) party........ i think the insured should pay since it was there fault

Damages should be sought from the at fault party. Failure to add the owned vehicle to the auto insurance policy has left the driver apparantly uninsured in that vehicle. The claimant may need to rely on uninsured motorits coverage. The insurer may offer a grace period for newly acquired vehicles. both drivers should contact their insurance company as it appears one may have no coverage in the accident.

at a set of red lights. how many feet should you be behind the vehicle in front of you?

You won't be liable. your insurance company should pay for the damages. i highly doubt your rates would go up for the incident, but some companies have been known to raise rates for such a incident. you pay in the end anyway.

Uninsured motorist coverage provides insurance coverage when you are hit by a person who has no insurance coverage. You uninsured motorist coverage will take the place of the insurance that the other person did not have and will cover your damages just like theirs should have if they had it. The only difference is that you will have a small deductible for property damage coverage.

If I am reading your question correctly you have nothing to worry about. I don't understand why you would be worried about someone coming after you. From your statement your car was legally parked and someone hit it and their insurance should pay.

Yes. No matter where it was parked, if it was standing still and you were in motion, it is your fault. ANOTHER ANSWER : The vehicle in motion may not be at fault if, taking all factors into consideration, an ordinary driver exercising reasonable prudence under similar circumstances could not be expected to recognize the danger and take evasive measures in time to avoid the collision. The owner/driver of a car parked illegally so that an ordinarily prudent driver coming around a corner or curve would not have time to take evasive action should not expect to prevail by merely establishing that his was the parked vehicle.

A parked car should not protrude into the traffic lane at all. Get your wheels within 6 inches of the curb and you'll be out of the traffic lane. If you have an oversized vehicle, find off-street parking.

Disclaimer: I am not an attorney. But that seems to be a thing at the discretion of the Judge, all conditions must be considered, and 'illegally parked' could mean anything from an expired meter to blocking the road. And in Calif, if you are uninsured, regardless, you are at fault because you should not have been on the road. If you rear-end a car at a red light, and that car, just sitting there waiting at the light, is at fault if uninsured. That's why you should carry both uninsured and under- insured on your policy, even when convicted and ordered to pay, they usually don't.

Should be turned into the company that is handling the uninsured motorist claim, (generally company that insured the 'insured' vehicle), they will most typcially wait to pay these bills until settlement is reached. If that didn't answer you question please expand it.

Call ambualnce if injuries Leave name and contact information on damaged vehicle

If the owner of the parked vehicle cannot be located, you should leave your contact information in a brief note on the car you hit. You should also report the accident A.S.A.P. to the local police station and provide them with your details in case the person doesn't get your note and files a hit and run complaint. This will protect you from any chance of being accused of leaving the scene.

your insurance contract will say something like, ''promptly report all losses'' you should report it to your doesn't matter that other vehicle is uninsured.......if you are liable you are liable, and owe for his damage, whether or not he is insured......

If the street has only one travel lane - position your vehicle in the center of the traffic lane.

Neither. Cause the moving vehicle driver should have been playing attention. On the other hand, the Parker car's driver should have watched for any incoming cars.

If it's parked on a flat it should not roll at all

Absolutely, unless you are independently wealthy and don't care if your vehicle is a total loss every once in a while. Uninsured motorist fees are very nominal compared to the alternative.

As far as I know all should, but insuring for any more than liability and perhaps uninsured motorist would be a waste of money.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.