2. A territory thus settled. 2. A region politically controlled by a distant country; a dependency.
3. a. A group of people with the same interests or ethnic origin concentrated in a particular area: the American colony in Paris. b. The area occupied by such a group.
4. The British colonies that became the original 13 states of the United States.
5. A group of people who have been institutionalized in a relatively remote area: an island penal colony.
6. Ecology. A group of the same kind of animals, plants, or one-celled organisms living or growing together.
7. Microbiology. A visible growth of microorganisms, usually in a solid or semisolid nutrient medium.The Original 13 U.S. Colonies:The history of the original 13 colonies is a tangled tale indeed. There are many ways to view the events and, in hind sight, it is easy to think you understand. The Thirteen Colonies were British colonies in North America founded between 1607, with the settlement of Virginia, and 1732, with the settlement of Georgia. Although Britain held additional colonies in North America and the West Indies, the colonies referred to as the "thirteen" are those that rebelled against British rule in 1775, and formally proclaimed their independence as the United States of America on July 4, 1776.
There were the Royal colonies ,Proprietary colonies , & the Charter colonies.
They were British colonies.colonies of America
Yes, the middle colonies are proprietary colonies.
The Northern Colonies, The Middle Colonies, The Southern Colonies
There was the New England Colonies middle colonies and the Southern Colonies Hope this helps:)
The colonies were separated into the New England Colonies, the Middle Colonies, and the Southern Colonies.
Middle Colonies New England Colonies Southern Colonies
Yes - All of the middle colonies were royal colonies.
Brazil does not have colonies, Portugal has colonies
This depends on which country's colonies you are referring to. There have been hundreds all over the globe, especially those of the British Empire, the largest empire in the world.Examples of some colonies:Australian coloniesNew Zealand coloniesCanadian coloniesColonial American coloniesGambian coloniesJamaican coloniesCyprus coloniesMalayan coloniesNigerian coloniesWest Indies colonies (British)West Indies colonies (French)West Africa coloniesAfrican Colonies (British)African Colonies (French)Indian coloniesIf the colony you are referring to is not in the list above, re-ask the question with the missing information.
They are: The southern colonies, the Middle colonies, and the New England colonies.
The New England colonies, the Middle colonies and the Southern colonies.
7 colonies of the 13 colonies were southern
New England Colonies, Middle Colonies, and Southern Colonies
They include: New England Colonies, Middle Colonies and Southern Colonies. The 13 Colonies were the British Colonies on the Atlantic coast of North America
The thirteen colonies were grouped into three separate areas. There was the New England colonies, the middle colonies, and the southern colonies.
All thirteen colonies
The middle colonies
Because they were colonies, not states.
the middle colonies were called the white colonies because they were white
Proprietary colonies, royal colonies, and charter colonies.