What are facts about Iowa?
Some interesting facts about Iowa are:
- Iowa's capital city is Des Moines.
- Iowa's main rivers are the Mississippi River, the Missouri
River, and the Des Moines River.
- Iowa's nickame is The Hawkeye State
- Iowa's motto is Our Liberties We Pride And Our Rights We Will
- The tree is the American Oak.
- And it's bird is the Goldfinch.
- Iowa is the 29th state on December 28, 1846.
- Ripley's Believe It or Not has dubbed Burlington's Snake Alley
the most crooked street in the world.
- Strawberry Point is the home of the world's largest strawberry.
- The state's smallest city park is situated in the middle of the
road in Hiteman.
- Scranton is home to Iowa's oldest water tower still in service.
- Dubuque is the state's oldest city.
- Crystal Lake is home to a statue of the world's largest
- Rathbun Dam and Reservoir is the largest body of water in the
- Spirit Lake is the largest glacier-made lake in the state.
- West Okoboji is the deepest natural lake in the state.
- Its depth is 136 feet.Imes Bridge is the oldest of Madison County's six bridges.