Alternative Treatments for Conditions or Diseases
What are some natural remedies for anxiety?
- One of the best ways is to practice meditation.
- Counting backwards, from 100 to 1, or spelling very difficult words.
- Stimulation of the mammary glands.
- Drink sage or chamomile herbal tea.
- Practice sports. Jump up and down, and transform the anxiety knot into movement.
- Breathe deeply and slowly. Focus on breathing from your belly and not be a chest breather.
- When I went to my psychiatrist, she told me to write in a diary before I go to bed at night. It is supposed to relieve you of the worries you had that day. It sort of worked. Another thing is to take a shower before you go to bed. It is supposed to soothe you and "wash them away." The easiest way to relieve anxiety is to talk to people. It doesn't have to be a professional. It's a relief once you let it out. I also tried yoga before I went to bed. That worked miracles. Also, Enya is a great singer and is relaxing to listen to as you are doing yoga or just to help you relax.
There are many natural remedies for anxiety. A few examples to look into are: The herb passionflower, bodywork such as massage, the herb valerian, the herb kava, and aromatherapy.