What are some technology college majors?

User Avatar
Wiki User
2013-03-27 15:55:29

For colleges and universities within the United States and its

territories, you can obtain this information by clicking on the

related links section (College Board) indicated at the bottom of

this answer section and using the College Board site College

MatchMaker search engine. You can research colleges and

universities by name, or by programs of study, or by geographical

location, size, or combinations of part or all of them. The site

will provide you with a list of institutions based on your request.

It will give you the schools background, accreditation, degree

offerings, programs of study (majors), entrance requirements,

tuition and fees, financial assistance, room and board, athletic

programs, school activities, etc., and a link to each institutions

official web page. Practice navigating this site. It

will be well worth the time and effort.


When choosing a college or university within the United States,

make sure the institution has a regional accreditation. With a

regional accreditation you can be assured the coursework and degree

you complete will be recognized by all other colleges and

universities as well as employers. Below I have listed the six

regional accrediting agencies and their geographical areas of

responsibility. I am disclosing the below so you do not become a

victim of educational scams, institutions that are nothing more

than diploma mills, or that do not have the best accreditation, and

are eager to take your money for a degree that is worthless. Make

sure the institution is accredited by one of following responsible


Regional Accreditation Agencies

· Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools -

Educational institutions in New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania,

Delaware, Maryland, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the

US Virgin Islands, as well as schools for American children in

Europe, North

"" title="Africa">Africa, and the

Middle East.

· New England Association of Schools and Colleges - Educational

institutions in the six New England states (Connecticut, Maine,

Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont).

· North Central Association of Colleges and Schools -

Educational institutions in Arkansas, Arizona, Colorado, Iowa,

Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, North

Dakota, Nebraska, Ohio, Oklahoma, New Mexico, South Dakota,

Wisconsin, West Virginia, and Wyoming.

· Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities -

Postsecondary institutions (colleges and universities) in Alaska,

Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, and Washington.

· Western Association of Schools and Colleges - Educational

institutions in California, Hawaii, Guam, American Samoa,

Micronesia, Palau, and Northern Marianas Islands.

· Southern Association of Colleges and Schools - Educational

institutions in Virginia, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana,

Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Alabama, Tennessee and


Copyright © 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.