Animated TV Series

What are the bubbles or clouds above a picture or cartoon called?

User Avatar
Wiki User
November 01, 2007 6:46PM

Perhaps you are referring to the 'word balloons' used by comic

artists to keep dialog separated.

In the UK we call them, 'speech bubbles' or 'thought bubbles'

when they are clouds.

Word processing packages call them, 'call outs'.

Copyright © 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.