Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
Answered 2011-09-13 22:09:33

assuming you are insured, you still file a claim with your company (again assuming you have collision coverage on your vehicle) they will repair your car under that coverage and attempt to collect or subrogate the At Fault party.....if you are uninsured some states (mine-Missouri) you can file a state report ask for an adm. hearing to determine fault for the loss and get a judgment for that loss........beware however if you are uninsured and your state requires insurance (don't they all?) you're busted too......

User Avatar

Your Answer

Still Have Questions?

Related Questions

What does an insured driver with liability do when they hit an uninsured driver?

your insurance contract will say something like, ''promptly report all losses'' you should report it to your doesn't matter that other vehicle is uninsured.......if you are liable you are liable, and owe for his damage, whether or not he is insured......

What happens when your property is vandalised?

you sign a vadalization reportAdded: Vandalism to private property is a criminal offense. Report it to the police.

If you have uninsured motorist insurance and a hit and run driver hits your car will your insurance fix your car?

First, be sure that you have property damage coverage under your uninsured motorist as well as bodily injury. Then, be sure that you have filed a police report. If you have both of these things, there is a good chance you have coverage, but the final determination is up to the company.

If in an at fault accident and you have no insurance and there is no injurys to either party and no police come and make a report what should the uninsured driver expect in California or any state?

The uninsured driver, assuming they are at fault, can expect to be pursued civilly by either the other driver's insurance company or the other driver. The uninsured motorist can be sued for damages and any other expenses incurred as a result of the accident, including court costs.

In case of an accident with a property damage of 750 or higher to who should each driver file a report SR1 to?

In case of an accident with a property damage of $750 or higher, each driver must file a report (SR1) to the:

What happens if you are involved in an auto accident on private property?

1. Leave vehicle where you were hit. 2. Call the police 3. Exchange info with other driver 4. Get a witness or witnesses as someone saw it happen 5. Police will write a "no fault" report since accident is on private property (in my case, parking lot at work) 6. If police asks you and other driver to "work it out between you" as your rates will go up - be very cautious!!!!! 7. Call your insurance company Accidents happen in parking lots all to often. Even though it is on private property always get a police report and information from the other driver. Be sure to talk to the police officer in front of the other driver and make sure you are with the other driver as they talk to the officer.

What can you do if you are involved in an accident was not your fault and the other driver has no insurance?

if you have collision coverage file under that then your company will subrogate the uninsured driver...if no collision coverage you can file a state report, and/or small claims action.....

If in a low impact at fault accident and you have no insurance and there is no police report or proof of any damage can uninsured driver be charged excessive repair costs?

sadly yes

Who is responsible if a car was hit on private property while backing out of the driveway?

doesn't matter if an accident was on private property. get a police report immediately. this will be used to determine fault, if any.

Do uninsured medical bills go on your credit report?

no, it doesnt

Car accident on private property?

Daughter backed up over halfway, other driver came around corner and hit her, kept going and caused damage to her own vehicle. None to my daughters. Appeared as though the driver attempted to go around rather than stop and wait. No tickets issued. Police did not talk to witness that backs facts up, but stated on the report my daughter hit her. Happened on private property.

If you hit a road sign how much trouble could you get into?

It's just like any other property-damage accident only the sign belongs to the state and is not private property. You must report the accident and exchange the same information you would if you hit a private vehicle or private property.

You were in a hit and run accident but the driver had no insurance what do we do?

You say the hit and run driver is uninsured, so apparently you know who they are. In that case, if you have collision coverage file it with your carrier who will go to the uninsured driver for repayment (your deductible as well), once the claim has been paid. If you do not have collision coverage, you can file a state report, which will (more than likely) cause a loss of license, plates, fines, and require payment to you from the uninsured for your damages, you can also file a small claims suit and get a judgement, then garnishment etc. good luck !! ========================================= Theres nothing you really can do except fix your car. You can report it to the authorities to try and find the other car, but there isn't much else.

If in an at fault accident and you have no insurance and there is no damage to either party and the police was called to make a report what should the uninsured driver expect in California?

the apponent that does have insuranc eshould pay for any damages

Do you have to call the police if you have an accident on private property?

Yes! Because for two reasons. One, you have to have a report filed with Law Enforcement, otherwise the insurance company will not cover it! Secondly, there are still a couple of citations that can still be written on private property!

If you were in an accident on a private lot and the other driver has no insurance what can you do if no tickets were given out or no report was made?

Typically, a law enforcement agency will not do an accident report on private property. Since you have no documentation, it will be hard for you to pursuit any action. Your sole course of action anyway would be civil or small claims court. Then it is your word against their word. It is a good idea to carry a disposable camera in your car to take photos. Most States require that both parties provide basic information such as name, address and telephone numbers when involved in an accident, whether on private or public property.

What can you do if you were hit in a parking lot and you only have PLPD and the police report said the other driver was at fault but he didn't receive a ticket because it was on private property?

I would talk with a lawyer. They know the best routes to take when suing someone. I hope that you are okay.

Question if you are involved in an accident in Dallas Texas that involved a hit and run driver that totaled a car and caused bodily injuries?

Hopefully you carry uninsured motorists coverage on your own policy. If you have it, it will cover your expenses up to the policy limits. If not, it may prove difficult to recoup your losses from the uninsured driver directly. Also make sure you have a filed accident report. It might be helpful if you wind up in court later.

At fault party of an accident lied to police about insurance who do you report this to so that they will have to pay fine?

You should call and report this to the police. Also, you should contact your insurance company and advise them about this. If you carry uninsured motorist coverage on your policy, and can prove to your company that the other person is uninsured, your company will pay to have your car repaired and send the bill to the uninsured person.

Can you be held responsible if your son crashes with another car on your private property?

yes.......usually only thing private property has to do with claims investigations is make it more difficult, as no police report will generally be written......if your son is negligent and liable for the loss, he is....private property or no........on your property or not.......if he is negligent, he is negligent and will be liable (you as the gaurdian) for the loss........more info is needed for me to help.......facts of loss...your vehicle or another? who owns vehicle? permission or not to drive? etc....

What happens if there is no fault in an accident but other driver had no license insurance or registration?

I'm assuming you mean that you were of 'no fault' the other driver was at fault? Someone still owns that vehicle, I hope you called the police, and therefore the report will show names of owner and driver etc. If you have collision coverage file the claim, they (your company) will ''go after'' the guilty party. If you do not have collision coverage, contact the DMV for your state, file a state report, file a small claims case, get a judgment garnish their wages. After filing the state report you may be able to request an administrative hearing. Owner and driver (assuming uninsured) will be held responsible.

When do you need to file a sr1 with the dmv?

California law requires traffic accidents on a California street/highway or private property to be reported to the DMV within 10 days f there was an injury, death or property damage in excess of $750. Untimely reporting could result in DMV suspending a driver license. Accidents involving vehicles not required to be registered such as off-road vehicle (OHV), imlement husbandry, or snowmibile or occurring on a military base or occurring on the driver's own property involving only the personal property of the driver and there was no injury or death are not reportable.The law requires the driver to file the SR-1 form with DMV regardless of fault. This report must be made in addition to any other report filed with a law enforcement agency, insurance company, or the California Highway Patrol (CHP) as their reports do not satisfy the filing requirement. An insurance agent, attorney, or other designated representative may file the report for the driver.The above paragraphs appear on the back of the SR-1 form.

Do you make a police report in Illinois if an accident happens on private property?

You can, but it's not required and typically no citations are issued unless it's a misdemeanor like DUI.

What are your options if your private property was damaged by someone else during an auto accident?

file and pursue a claim or dont. If you do file , file a police report, get a copy of the report and have your property insurance company pursue the claim against the insurance company covering the party or parties involved in the auto accident

Can private lenders report to a credit bureau?

Most private loans can not be reported to your credit report. This is because the system can be manipulated and the person would need a CRA to report it.

Still have questions?