What can you do if your 17-year-old son runs away to his girlfriend's and the district attorney will not prosecute her for harboring?

I'd recommend talking to your son directly. This is a family issue is it not? A 17 year old runaway problem is a problem that should be solved by the family, not the district attorney. My appologies if that sounds like a value judgement. It's not.